R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Apologies for being a bit think, but I've been looking to get a new one piece suit ready for when the biking season starts again.

I'm rather confused as to the sizes however. I will be buying online and the suit sizes are from 50 to 56.

I'm a 6'0" male with a 34" waist. Not all that fat, although I could do with loosing a few pounds - I was thinking of a size 54?

Is that correct??...

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Hi Jon, I'm about 6ft 2" and a 34" waist as well and my alpinestars suit is a EURO size 50.

My thoughtswould be to go into a shop and try a few suits on that you are looking to buy online. As you know one manufacturers size is different to another.

So go and try them on in a shop, get the size you need then order online.

·
Who's Ya Daddy???
339 Posts
RadioheadR6 said:
Hi All

Apologies for being a bit think, but I've been looking to get a new one piece suit ready for when the biking season starts again.

I'm rather confused as to the sizes however. I will be buying online and the suit sizes are from 50 to 56.

I'm a 6'0" male with a 34" waist. Not all that fat, although I could do with loosing a few pounds - I was thinking of a size 54?

Is that correct??...
Yeah I'd try a 52/54. I'm also 6'0, 14st, 34 W, 38/40 C and I have a 52 Suit.
Fits perfect but if you let yourself go abit around the ole waistline, it gets a bit tight when zipped together. Soup for me this Christmas :)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Jon,

Where you been m8 ??? Have I offended you ?

Anyways TBH your best bet is to get a made to measure, Cats picking hers up in a couple of weeks time and for value for money its the way I am going to go. I guess it depends how mcuh you want to spend, but they are not that much more than say a decent set of Astars or Dainese

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would say you should definitely try the right sized suit before you buy unless you don't mind sending it back and fore . I had an Astar one piece euro52 and it was far to tight i had to get rid of it in the end but i now have an HG 2 piece thats a euro52 and its a perfect fit.

And fractureman how the hell do you fit in a 50 :wall

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Speedymad!

Nope! - Not offended in the slightest! - I will give you a bell later this week - Some news on the biking front!

Cheers for the replies fella's. The suit I was looking at was this one - Seems a reasonable price to look like a banana!

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MCYCLE&pcode=ALS315113-5011

Gregg - I will look into getting a suit tried on, but dont think I can do it this side of Christmas...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thats the one i had but in blue i offered it on hear age's ago but it went on ebay. They didn't come with a back protector when i had mine so you might want to think about one of them to.

·
Who Me ?
302 Posts
RadioheadR6
If your after a genuine Alpinestars Tech Race back protector for your new suit I've got a brand new one still has the price on it 99.95 euros size mid 53.5cm make me a senceable offer and its yours. If you want pic's no problem.
Cheers
Mick

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Jon,

For another £100 you could get a made to measure fella which are made a damn sight better than the 'fashion' suits !!!

Also get a forcefield back protector far better than anything else I have seen

Give crowtree a call they are worth the cash

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts