R6 Message Net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my subframe and in the technical section people are saying that the torx bolts are one time use bolts.

How do you figure?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nah, they say that so you can go get hosed thru Yamaha...just put some Lock-Tite on em and you are off to the races...I used my subframe bolts many many times over without a problem... :thumbup

·
Registered
74 Posts
The factory reccomends you use them once because they are alumanum, and they will stretch every time you torque them to spec. If you dont torque them to spec with a regular ratchet, then you can probalby use them over and over, I do, and the correct way to install them, according to Yamaha, is to use no thread locker and a little oil around the back of the head so when you are torquing them down, you get a proper reading, when you torque aumanum on alumanum, they tend to bind and give you a false torque. As for what I say, is use locktite so they dont fall out and do them up with a regular ratchet and you are off and running

·
Registered
17 Posts
what size is the torx bolt on my 04 r6 and can i take it off by using just regular L style torx wrench? since i have to change my subframe soon, i think im going to order me new pairs of torx screws from yamaha and put them back when i put new subframes i guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts