R6 Message Net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if it's a change in my tolerence levels, changes in what we call acceptable service or what.....

Examples.

1) I bought a brand new dishwasher 3 weeks ago today....it's managed 2 successful washes. The first wash hailed the day when the bowl in the sink could be removed forever. Wishful thinking. Loaded it up again......dead.
Service engineer called, changed the inlet solenoid and away it went again. Next try....nowt. Booked a service call and at the same time contacted the customer service department of the store I bought it from, suggesting it was a manufacturing fault and requested a replacement.
"But it's installed...we won't replace it once it's installed unless it fails 3 times with the same fault." FFS...."Okay", I thought, see what happens after the blokes been to fix it again...then I'm gonna go ape. He 'fixed' it yesterday...went to use it tonight and it's still dead. Meanwhile I've received 2 seperate letters and 2 phone calls asking if I'd like to take an extended warantee.
Needless to say, I won't be too polite on the phone tomorrow.

2) My girlfriend broke her leg on Saturday and was taken to hospital on the same day. Tonight....4 days later.....she is still led in bed with her leg in the same state as it was the minute she broke it. She's petrified of the operation she needs, which hasn't been helped by consultants telling her how it's the worst place she could have broken her leg and repeatedly stressing that she could be laid up for up for 6 months plus.
That in itself isn't the gripe, nor is it their fault that she broke her leg. The issue in hand is that she's been told she will have the operation the following day since Saturday. Nil by mouth til they finally tell her it's cancelled, twice 1 hour before surgery was due and today...5 minutes AFTER she was supposed to be taken to theatre. An operation cancelled on 3 consecutive days?!

Maybe it's just a bad run of luck for us lately, but "customer service" seems to be a phrase used to describe a department, not what they do.

/rant

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
You must be the new unlucky Alf.

All our love to Dawn though mate.

(on the plus side is she getting free bedside tv & phone?) :wall

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
Oh dude, You are having some right shitty luck over the past month or so arnt you.???

I really hope she does have one of the above said beds.

Can we get a pic of you in your marigolds??? lol.

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"(on the plus side is she getting free bedside tv & phone?)"

"I really hope she does have one of the above said beds."

You know this! Totting it up, we would have had to cough up around £70 so far if we were paying for it. Now that's abuse of position!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Steptoe190 said:
1) I bought a brand new dishwasher 3 weeks ago today....it's managed 2 successful washes. The first wash hailed the day when the bowl in the sink could be removed forever. Wishful thinking. Loaded it up again......dead.

2) My girlfriend broke her leg on Saturday and was taken to hospital on the same day.
Unlucky man. So - not only have you not got a dishwasher, but it looks like YOU'RE gonna be washing dishes yourself for a while. May I suggest Sanctuary Hand Wash and Hand Cream. Also - handy Harry hint here - a pair of rubber gloves are not only good for washing up, but can also double up for wearing whilst driving Big Bike.

Happy to help.

Love
Harry.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Steptoe190 said:
"(on the plus side is she getting free bedside tv & phone?)"
LOL - Absolutely f**kin brilliant.

Steve - with that kind of cheery outlook on the world you'll outlast the rest of us miserable old gits :thumbup

·
Student of Aristhrottle
2,487 Posts
Steve, that is such bad luck mate :thumbdown

What can we expect at the next rideout?????

Now, do you want to get into your leathers, cos if you need to go its a heck of a kerfuffle getting you back out again.

Yeah, I know.

:wink

·
Registered
412 Posts
Your Girlfriends leg break is bad luck. :sick Hope the opp goes well and she makes a rapid recovery.

Afraid to say it, but the level of service you are geting from the aftersales repairers sounds about the norm to me.
Our fridge/freezer died last month. Service centre assesed the fault & made us wait a week for parts. Week later we had a phone call to say the engineer is now sick, and they don't have any others free in our region!! Ranting at service reception was a waste of time. Monosyllabic b1tch might as well replied 'Computer says no' to every demand. 2 and a half weeks of living out of a coolbox with excellent neighbours freezing cool-blocks for us.
Enjoy ripping in to them :arguematc , I hope you get on better than I did.

·
40 year old member
278 Posts
could'nt the girlfriend have waited untill the dishwasher was working properly,a bit inconsiderate i think, i'd be pissed as well.

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
I think its its funny how the leg break happend.....but as to where it snapped is just the sickest shit ever.

She will have her leg over again one day....Poor Steve as it will be the 400.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Sorry to hear of you woes steve :mad: Sounds like you've had a couple of stinking months.

Which bone has Dawn broke in the leg?? I'm guessing if they are operating then it a metal rod job then.

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's actually the tibial plateau Greg.

You know, the top of the tibia where the femur rests on. It's broken there in 3 places. Plates and screws.

Anyhow, a couple of bits of good news: The operation's done and she's already undergoing Physio. She has 20 degree movement in her knee less than 24 hours after the operation. Apparently with more physio, she'll have 50 deg movement by Sunday. She could possibly be back home mid week.....

.....which is sort of the other bit of good news....I have enough clean dishes to last me til then.

·
Student of Aristhrottle
2,487 Posts
Faantastiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic news :D

Oh, good news about Prawn too ;)

·
So i've never had an R6
487 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the bad luck Steve my advise is disposable plates beats f---ing washing oh and a blow up doll lol. So who was Dawn picking on then ? Hope she gets well soon Send her my love and tell her I want to see the Scars

1 - 14 of 14 Posts