R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Bad news =[ My 05 Raven was stolen today =[ Its all Black w/ NO decals! It has an IFFA (international Fire Fighters Association) Stiker on the windscreen, A Black Micron High Mount exhaust, and Surf and Skate Decals onthe Tail. I know its a lost cause but I figured I would let yall know. R.I.P. girl.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Damned bro, Im sorry to hear about this. I hope you had full coverage.

Keep an eye out on ebay and local papers for parts being sold. Ill keep an eye on things.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Where in Nor Cal are you from? or where was the bike when it was stolen??
I will keep an eye out

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Sacramento. It was stolen in Rancho Cordova. Just off of Data Drive which is right next to Zinfandel and HWY 50.

·
chronic smoker
518 Posts
there's ALWAYS hope.....my bike took 30 days to recover. keep your head up

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
usdm, how was your bike located? and what condition was it in.

And since we are on the subject of stolen bikes, about two weeks ago, a bike cho-shop was busted in Huntington Park, Ca. Apparently, one of the bikes that was stolen had low-jack. Not sure if the thief has been apprehended though.

·
chronic smoker
518 Posts
L_R6_A said:
usdm, how was your bike located? and what condition was it in.

And since we are on the subject of stolen bikes, about two weeks ago, a bike cho-shop was busted in Huntington Park, Ca. Apparently, one of the bikes that was stolen had low-jack. Not sure if the thief has been apprehended though.

my bike was found in Azusa (i lived in Upland at the time). it was sitting in a parking lot with a dead battery and no gas. it looked like they tried to break open the gas cap but to no avail. (they probably ran out in the parking lot and panic'd).........they wrecked the left side, spray painted my tail and front fender, and polished my rear rim (retards)...but besides that it was fine....everything was in tact and the bike has been running fine ever since. i've yet to even replace the tail and fairing because i wanna wait to get the whole bike custom painted anyways.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
USDM,

Damned that is the first time I hear of a g-ride being used to commute. I have heard of a few stunters getting caught practiciing on stolen bikes. Then when the bikes are messed up, the bikes are tossed. But repaired and polished? Freaking weird if you ask me.

Most folks strip bikes down soon after they are jacked. They chop the frame and toss the engine. Then they buy a frame with engine to put all the parts on, and they have a bike to themselves. Either that, or they slang the parts.

So how did they start your bike?

They must have been amatures, and that is a good thing. I was told that when police recover stolen vehicles they now save prints in an attempt to identify the thief. But since riders wear gloves, that must be difficult sometimes.

·
chronic smoker
518 Posts
Azusa cops handled my shit all fucked up.....they called me and told me to come pick up my bike, then i truck'd it home. A few hours later a detective calls telling me he showed up to the tow yard to "print" the bike?!?!?!? WTF? That shit shoulda been done BEFORE they called me to pick it up. Detective said since I had already taken the bike and put my prints all over it again there was nothing he could do.

And I think they WERE stunting on my bike and thats how they wrecked the left side....they didn't repair anything, they trashed the bike (unless you call polishing the rear rim "hooking it up")...they ghetto rigged the ignition to ride it.

The "weird" shit is this................I bought my bike from Mtn. Motorsports brand new and had already put my Cali plate on it.....when they found the bike, it had 909 stickers on it and an original Mtn. Motorsports dealer plate was back on it???? Was strange to say the least..

·
chronic smoker
518 Posts
i dunno....i wouldn't doubt it tho. i mean when i was buying the bike i asked for a free disc lock and the salesman said he "knew" some theives and that disc locks didn't work...thought nothing of it at the time.
i brought it up to the management there and they pretty much blew me off.
oh well, when their store blows up i have no clue how it happened....hahaha j/k...or am i?

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
my bike was located 1.5 years later so dont give up too quick, just hope that the guy is stupid enough to be riding it around. Also check ebay!

·
Registered
181 Posts
vahyper6 said:
my bike was located 1.5 years later so dont give up too quick, just hope that the guy is stupid enough to be riding it around. Also check ebay!

no shit, vahyper? damn, that can give a guy some hope...sorry to hear about your loss, ozone....it blows, but it could always be worse you know?

i hope things turn out for you, take it easy bro.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
right on homie, keep the hopes up. If you do find any fishy adds down in L.A., let me know and I could go check it out for you. You have many members from all over Cali, so just keep your eyes open, and we are all willing to help in any way. Post a pic and describe any unique characteristics.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are the pics One is a close up of the tail the other is a shot of the exhaust side.

THe noticible mods are... Gregs Flushmounts, tinted double bluble windscreen, HM micron, Surf & Skate decals, and all the stockdecals are removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
man that sucks to hear bro. like they've said, hope you had insurance. odds are, it doesn't look good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts