R6 Message Net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up!!! My Yamaha R6 was stolen 06/14/2008 from Eastlake Ave in Seattle. The bike had the following mods:

• Scorpio Alarm System SR-I500SE Series
  • Clear Alternative Integrated taillight
  • Graves frame sliders
  • Graves 6mm Swingarm Spools
  • Puig Racing Windscreen Dark Smoke
  • Puig Raciing Windscreen Bolts
  • Galfer break line - front
  • Dynojet Power Commander III USB
  • GPR Steering Damper
  • Lowering Link for Yamaha
  • Watsen Design front signals
  • Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust System (Hex)
  • Pazzo Levers Set
  • Sato adjustable rearset black
  • Competition Werkes - Fender Eliminator
  • Richs Custom Seat

:furious

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is where I admit stupidity...

The alarm wasn't on, b/c I thought the fact the bike was chained with the biggest chain I could find would suffice and didn't want the alarm to drain the bat. That approach worked for me for 2 years, but all it takes is one night I guess....

on a side note, and for all you Seattleites riders, this seems to be a professional job and likely not the last one for this bike season. The perpetrators scoped the bike knew which bike was under the cover, brought the right cutters for the (very big) chain I had and took out the ignition (and front wheel lock) in one go. They also had to deal with the fact the bike was blocked in by an SUV, which I'm still trying to figure out...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dang, my bike got stolen about the same time as yours too (locked with regular disc lock). I feel your pain man. I just got another R6 and thinking about the Xena disc lock and chain. But from your story, looks like the chain means nothing. Make me wonder if there is any protection again these scum. I guess the best way is you and loaded G(Lock) behind the bush.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang! sorry to hear that man!
did you think of installing a LoJack? Rumor has it that since it uses AM frequency, is hidden/ small and is activated by the police most of the bikes that have it get recovered. Also, in those cases the police has the right to enter any house/ facility if the signal is coming from there w/o a warrant.

I think that's what I'm going to do when I get my new MV ;)

·
black 07
205 Posts
yea mann that sux sorry to hear it. that's y im not sure if alarms r worth it because if sum1 really wants your bike, pretty sure they find a way to take it even with all the alarm you hav on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.