R6 Message Net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 r6 w/ 16000 miles.
my brakes feel wierd. tehy bother me. when im sitting still and pull the lever, its nice and smooth. but when i actually use the brakes, they arent progressive. its like they grab harder in steps, and it seems a bit dangerous to me. like i'll pull, they grab, but as i pull harder, they dont grab harder, until a certain point where they grab a lot harder. the clamping force follows a series of 'steps' like this, as opposed to being progressive. does this happen when the pads wear out? do you guys think my master cyl or calipers might be messed up? i wouldnt assume so considering its 3 years old.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
check for warped rotors, warped brake pad backing plates, bleed them (when was the last time you changed the fluid?)

Could also be glazed... take some steel wool and scrub the pads and rotors clean.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok update- when im sitting still i pulled my lever slowly- it IS sticky. i guess its just not as obvious when it doesnt affect the bikes motion. i greased teh bolt when i put the lever on, so i know its not that. also, it feels like the first 60% of lever travel is sticky, then the last part is smooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts