R6 Message Net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I rode my bike and put it away for the evening and came out the next moring and it wont start. All the light come on very strong are not dim at all but when you push the start button all the relay does is click. I checked the voltage on the battery and it is at 12 volts and does not drop alot when trying to start it. I just replaced the rectifier about a month ago so I know it is good. The battery seems fine. All the fuses are good on the bike also. There is six wires coming out of the relay plug and I used a volt meter to see if they drop alot in voltage when trying to start. All of them seem fine except for the blue and white striped ones. When trying to start they drop alot in voltage. Very confused any help is appreciated. Hopes this makes sense. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is fully charged and it still just clicks. It also a brand new battery. So then the starter is either burned out or stuck. Or the relay went bad. Any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Try jump leads or bump starting the bike (in 2nd gear).

If you use jump leads make sure the car or truck engine is not running.

Brand new batteries take more than a couple of hours to charge up fyi.

Also just to be sure, check the rectifier wiring and plug again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my bike. It is an 02 R6 and when going to start the relay clicks and the instrument panel turns off. I was able to push start the bike but after riding it for about an hour it still does the same thing. I was wondering if you found anything that would fix this. Thanks.

·
Registered
Yamaha R6
11 Posts
Ok I rode my bike and put it away for the evening and came out the next moring and it wont start. All the light come on very strong are not dim at all but when you push the start button all the relay does is click. I checked the voltage on the battery and it is at 12 volts and does not drop alot when trying to start it. I just replaced the rectifier about a month ago so I know it is good. The battery seems fine. All the fuses are good on the bike also. There is six wires coming out of the relay plug and I used a volt meter to see if they drop alot in voltage when trying to start. All of them seem fine except for the blue and white striped ones. When trying to start they drop alot in voltage. Very confused any help is appreciated. Hopes this makes sense. Thanks
please post a conclusion, thx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts