R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He all...

I've got a problem that has been increasing recently.

I put on a Hotbodies exhaust tip on my '07 R6 and recently the bike has been stalling after warming up for say 3 - 5 min.

What I've noticed is that during warm up (or at least after I get my gear on) when I rev and hold it up at 4k for say 10 - 15 seconds it completely dies/stalls.

Now from what I've been told that because the exhaust tip is just a "tip" and straight shot that there could be a lack of back pressure and that I would need to get a Power Commander and that would solve my problem.

Anyone got any tips/suggestions?

Also if I do need a PC, what mapping should I use?

Thank you again for all of your help guys and gals!!!

L8s

--Sammy

·
I "heart" motorcycles
46 Posts
yesm you need a power commander. I am not sure of the mapping but there are places you can find that on this forum and other forums.

I found an article the other day that say when replacing anything on the exhaust there are 3 things that need to be changed/replaced with it. They are: 1) Power commander for fuel injectors or re-jet for carbs. 2) Exhaust gasket, because an exhaust leak can cause major problems. 3) Air filter, because when putting more air out it makes sense to bring more air in.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yesm you need a power commander. I am not sure of the mapping but there are places you can find that on this forum and other forums.

I found an article the other day that say when replacing anything on the exhaust there are 3 things that need to be changed/replaced with it. They are: 1) Power commander for fuel injectors or re-jet for carbs. 2) Exhaust gasket, because an exhaust leak can cause major problems. 3) Air filter, because when putting more air out it makes sense to bring more air in.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Dude!!

Ride safe!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.