R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days ago coming home from work I noticed a slight sputter as I rounded a corner about 15 mph in second gear. Didn't think anything of it, as I was getting low on fuel. Well this morning as I was again riding to work the sputter happened any time I let the RPM fall below 3000. It wouldn't hold an idle at all. The needle dropped anywhere between 0 and 1200 RPM. The motor even stalled twice at a light. On the way home from work I kept the RPM's above 2000 at all stop lights. Once I pull away from a stop the bike will hesitate, up until I hit 3000 rpm then all is fine and the bike pulls away like it should. I found out out how to get to the trouble codes and I had 2, #30(the motorcycle has overturned) and #46(Power supply to the FI system relay is not normal). I don't have a good meter here at home so I just did a visual on the wires that the manual says to check. All looked ok. So I cleared the codes and fired it back up. Right away I can tell the idle was erratic, and this was just verified on a little test ride. The bike is still acting the same way. I didn't check to see if it popped the code again but it doesn't matter. Anyone else have anything happen like this? Please help!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
what year is your r6? i'm driving a 08 and i am noticing a little rattling noise around the same rpm's as you describe.. im not sure what you meean by sputtering....... i broght it to the dealer and he has told me its the way im releasing the clutch.. but I have a feeling its something more than that

1 - 2 of 2 Posts