R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luna made one of these inthe NorthEast section and I think it's a good idea... So I just copied and pasted.
(any mod, if you see this please make it sticky) ;)

This is a thread where all the riders who live in (or near) States in the SouthEast can sound off and leave some info about themselves.
It's a great way to find riding partners in your area or to know who to contact when trying to organize a regional event

Leave some general info about yourself:
- Name
- State/City
- Bike/Mods
- Riding/Racing Experience
- Where you like to ride or hang out

Most Importantly:
- If you want to be contacted, leave an e-mail address here, in your R6MsgNet Public Profile or turn ON "Private Messages" in your Public Profile

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
--*SouthEast Riders Member Contact List*--

- Name Greg
- State/City Havelock, NC/ MCAS Cherry Point. About 2.5 hrs east of Raleigh
- Bike/Mods No bike. :(

- Riding/Racing Experience 1.5 yrs...sold bike

- Where you like to ride or hang out VIR, RoadA, Roebling, CMP, NFMP,

email in profile but again: [email protected]

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: --*SouthEast Riders Member Contact List*--

- Name John Thompson
- State/City Gastonia, NC (about 20 miles west of Charlotte)
- Bike/Mods 2001 Red/Black R6. Hindle slip-on on the way, front flushmounts, homemade fender eliminator (thanks again Doc for the template), ZG Double Bubble clear windscreen. For gear, I have a Suomy Bostrom Laguna Seca replica, JR Highside two-piece in black, Oxtar T.C.S. boots in black, new Spidi tre composite gloves on the way (sportin' JR meteor gloves right now).
- Riding/Racing Experience 0 track time (although I will one day). I have about 12 years riding experience, but only a couple of years on the street.
- Where you like to ride or hang out I like to go to Morganton and get on NC 181 up towards the BRP. Or going back to my hometown of Grundy, VA (southwest VA) and hitting the twisties. Going to the Gap for the first time in May.
email in profile but again: [email protected]
AOL IM VT JohnnyT

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

- Name: Jeremy Malcom
- State/City: Atlanta, GA
- Bike/Mods 2001 Red R6: Matris Damper, Flushmounts, M.D. Wright Integrated taillights, Renegade TWIN Ti Slip-ons, Factory Stage 1 (still on my desk though) Gear: Arai Quantum/f; Quint Red/white, Joe Rocket Atomic (red), Teknic Vio II gloves (red/blk), AGV Race Pro (red).
- Riding/Racing Experience: 2000 miles even
- Where you like to ride or hang out: Around ATL and in North Georgia Mountains
- Email: [email protected]

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Name: Richie Teague
Bike: 02 R6
Mods: fender eliminator, flushmount blinkers
city: Havelock, and Hickory NC i stay in havelock through the week and some weekends, most weekends i go up to Hickory. Will be returning to Hickory perminantly in about 2 months
Riding exp: About 5,000 miles on the clock although only about 2,000 on the 6. the rest on another bike that we wont mention. MOstly mountain and arround town riding. No track experience yet.
Ok, back to Hickory perminantly although may be down to havelock to visit friends occassionally

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

EDIT>>>> I moved to Columbus Ohio, no longer in Goldsboro NC! (Thank GOD) If around the Ohio area, look me up! E-mail address is the same, and so is work hrs!
LAter

NAME: Brian Conrad
State/City NC; Goldsboro NC, about 1hr SE of Raleigh.
Bike/Mods 2000 R6, with 2001 R6 motor, Devil CF high mount pipe, everything else is all stock but have some squid mods like polished rim lips (going to paint them black again), light smoke screen, and few other little things...Leathers, yeah I've got that!
Riding Experience Bike has a little over 15,000 miles on her clock, have rode down the Blue Rige Mountains, some twisty rodes in Ky, and Southern Ohio, and the little ones that I've found around here on the east coast of NC
Where you like to ride or hang out I would like to ride in the Mountains of NC/GA again, go to the GAP or hang out around the east coast of NC.

E-mail is [email protected] (home)

Shoot me an e-mail if ya want to go out and ride, I work 24hr on and 24hr off at the Fire Dept. here, so I've got somedays I can go and some I can't!

Later

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Name : Dwayne Murphree
State/City : Duluth, Ga
Bike/Mods : 2002 Blue, LP Dark Smoke screen, GYTR TankBra DIY fender kit, painted letters on tires white, stainless brake lines, ExtremeTECH damper, safety wire!!
Gear : AJC AC-10 Blue, '02 YAMAHA Leather Jacket, Yamaha leather gloves, Oxtar EVO Ti boots, AGV Modena 1-Piece leathers
Riding Experieince : I've got about 2000 miles on this R6, my first '02 had about 1300 miles (in 1 month before I got hit!) Been riding for about 5 or 6 years on and off, no track yet.
Ride or Hang Out : Thrusday's @ The Vortex in Five Points (downtown ATL), riding the mountains, riding Buford Dam.

Email is [email protected] (work) or [email protected]

I think it'd be great to have a core group here in ATL, it's hard to find good riding partners around here...

-Thrak410

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

- Name: Shane Milton
- State/City : Marietta (SPSU), Ga
- Bike/Mods: heh BONEstock! '02 blue(it's faster)
- Riding/Racing Experience: 5 years of hard pounding,
twisty tearin street riding, 8 years in the dirt with
anything that has a MOTOR
- Where you like to ride or hang out: Where ever i end up
Most weekends go home(NE Ga) to see mom and pop,
and just follow the road w/ my friends trailing behind!
Occasionally head down to Union City and run a few No2'd
V8's or Ricers

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

- Name- Eric - [email protected]
- State/City- Winder, GA
- Bike/Mods-2002 R6, red, Scotts damper, ZG ws, Frame Sliders, Ivans and 2 Bros next on list.
- Riding/Racing Experience-1500 miles on R6, off and on past 5 years. Signing up for trackdays.
- Where you like to ride or hang out- have stayed local to get used to bike, ready to go a lot further now.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

- Name Jeff Adams
- State/City Atlanta GA
- Bike/Mods 01 R6- scotts damper (also have 88 hawk GT, 89 Hawk GT, 97 Road King)

- Riding/Racing Experience street 5 years, motorcycles, 24 years, racing (WERA #179) 2 years

- Where you like to ride or hang out- anywhere in north GA or western NC. Usually at the Vortex in little 5 points on thursday night. Ride with Floribama Riders (www.floribamariders.com) and the Intrepid Cafe Racers (www.intrepidcaferacers.com). Usually stop by TWO in Suches if I'm up there over the weekends. Commute to work in downtown atlanta most days. Ride often, ride hard....:)

Jeff

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Name: Ben Curtis
Email: [email protected]
City/State: Raleigh, NC
Bike/Mods: 01 Red R6 / Akro exhaust / Sliders

Riding Exp: 4 to 5 years

Where: Sundays in Chatham county with the TriDOD. A few trips to Deal's Gap/Asheville/Rt 8/etc a year. Planning on getting to VIR a couple times this year.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
contact list

Michael Gray
Gainesville, GA most of the time. Originally from LaGrange so im there alot on weekends.

01 blue r6. Sharkskinz with zebra 1 tapeworks graffics. fender eliminater kit, clear zero gravity double bubble, k&n, high mount titanium loe vinci slip on, working on building a carbon fiber front fender.

Experience is a couple of years on a dirt bike. been on street bikes for about a year and a half.

I ride mostly in LaGrange. There is a nice mtn road in pine mtn, ga. Been up to the north ga mtns a couple of times. Im Getting some pants soon and going to the gap.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: contact list

- Name RoN :hat
- State/City Miami Florida
- Bike/Mods In progress :eek:
- Riding/Racing Experience Im a Newb
- Where you like to ride or hang out Anywhere

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
contact list

Name- Colin Walker
State/City- Cedartown. In NW georgia, near Rome..still haven't heard of it? It's cool. No one else has either.
Bike/Mods- '01 Blue. No mods yet.
Riding/Racing Experience- 18 years riding bikes. Started when I was 8 on a Yamaha DT80, what would be an enduro today. Rode on street for the first time at 10 years old. Police were nice to my father who kept me out of trouble. Been on the street )legally) for 5 years now. First bike was an '89 FZR600, then a '93 Katana 1100, a '00 GSXR750 and now the R6. Lovely.
Where you like to ride or hang out- There are plenty of roads around here. We tend to ride in Chatooga county GA (Summerville) in Subligna, Sand Mountain. Every month we travel to Suches, GA. Deals has nothing on this place. Looking to expand our riding group all the time.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
- Name- Zeus Shaikh
- State/City- I go to school at Emory in Atlanta
- Bike/Mods- Blue 2000 R6, akrapovic, lowered, double bubble, dussault, nothing major...I'm actually selling it www.geocities.com/zeusshaikh2000r6/ and looking for another bike...maybe the 03 R6
- Riding/Racing Experience- Just since last April.
- Where you like to ride or hang out- I went to the vortex a few times but have really been busy with school.

I live on North Druid Hills, near 85 during the school year but am in NY now. I should be back before the end of the summer.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
- <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Name<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->: Dwayne Peyton
- <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> State/City<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->: Charlottesville, Virginia
- <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Bike/Mods<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->: 1999 Blue R6: Polished frame/swingarm/subframe/rear sets, Matris damper, Devil Highmount Shotgun muffler, Ivan's jet kit, frame sliders, 2001 tail conversion, front flush mounts, removed some stickers, Targa solo seat cowl, Zero Gravity dark smoke double bubble, Pro Grips gel grips, Pro Grips tank pad
- <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Riding/Racing<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->: Experience 8 years riding, first 5 on a 89 CBR600R Hurricane, mainly normal street and twisties
- <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Where you like to ride or hang out<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->: haven't traveled far, but I like Skyline a lot and Blue Ridge Parkway
- <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> email<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->: [email protected]

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
-Rob
-St Pete, Fl
-Red & Black '01, Scorpion highmount, K&N filter & Jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Galfer lines, Frame sliders.
-Bought my ride last march and have 24k on it! YES THATS 24,000 miles. Its my first bike!
Ride On
Rob

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
- Name: Tim Chalk
- State/City: Symrna, GA
- Bike/Mods: Blue '01 R6. stock (...for now, muhahaha!)

- Riding/Racing Experience:
Put 1 year under my belt on an '98 Kan-a-tuna 600, upgraded to this R6 in late Feb. night and day!

- Where you like to ride or hang out:
Like to ride up in N. Ga, take some rides around smyrna/atlanta if I'm short on time (ya, there are actually some decent roads around, and no, I don't mean 285 or 400...)

AIM: exarch31

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jacksonville, Florida

-Name- Moises Rodriguez
-Location- Jacksonville, Florida
-Bike- 2002 Blue R6.. Click on my sig for pictures.
-Mods- flushmounts, PIAA Super Plasma GT, polished exhaust, polished lips on rims, fender eliminator, Intuitive Frame Sliders, Reverse Indiglo Gauges
-Gear- Nolan X-lite X901 helmet, Fieldsheer Titanium Air Jacket, Joe Rocket Phoenix Gloves, Alpinestars SMX-Plus boots

-Riding Experience- I've been riding for a little over a year.
-Where do I like to ride or hang out- Anywhere I can.
-email-[email protected]

1 - 20 of 169 Posts