R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off im not what you would call an experienced sports bike rider... have roden off and on since I was 16 and recentley purchased my first bike about 2 months ago. Well finaly the day came when I look to my left and said oh nice parking lot.... so I proceded in there to atempt wheelies. First off im use to power wheelies on dirtbikes and clutchin it on quads.

Well i tried to start off with the basic power wheelie just to get a feel for how the bike felt in the air seeing as 75% of my wheelie exp. is on quads... for some reason i felt very very wierd... it just felt like the front came up way to slow then shot up. Finaly I was like f this and went for clutch up... well after 2 trys I was consitently bringing the bike up with easy but not to the bp. and for the next about 20 tries I brought it up to the BP 100% of the time but couldnt ride it very long for the fact the parket lot wasnt the biggest.

So why i feel wierd is, why do i feel more comfertable using the clutch then the standard newbie power wheelie... im thinking maybe it just because I have a lot of prior experience with quads and dirtbikes.

Well anyway ill be practing some more on some deserted country roads and parking lots trying to get it longer and longer without overdueing it.

Have fun ride safe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i know a bunch of people that feel weird on power wheelies and much more comfortable clutchin it up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.