R6 Message Net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the end of last month I posted a problem about my bike turning off...well I found that the fuses were blowing because of the ECU input wires are melted together and shorting out. I redid the whole wiring harness and started it up....it started up like a champ and I took it for a ride. I rode it to work for like 3 days and then today I go to the store to get some x-mas lights and come back out to find a dead battery. Lights came on but if you tried to start it it just kills the battery. I jumped the bike off and it started just fine. I let it warm up and was going to get on and take off when it died again. I jumped it and got on real quick so I could take off. I got down the main road and onto the interstate where it died started up again and started backfiring and dieing again. I let out the clutch and it started again but it started backfiring. after a couple sec....the bike roared to life and went shooting down the road. It was cutting out and comming back on but I am just stumped on what it might be. I made sure all the conections are tight and in good condition.

If anyone can help me by sun afternoon it would be great.....I have to get this fixed asap because I have my motorcycle safety course next monday and tues

Thanks
My01R6

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
check the rectifier. I've heard rumors about burnt wires there too. those years were known for bad rectifiers I heard. especially when you start having dead batter problems. also check the battery connections. could also just be a bad battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts