R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=jYWD7IigFPE
This was my first time on my 2005 R6 at the race park. So I didn't have it "set up" correctly , so I ran some shitty times. Also getting used to the bike (its way more torquie than my 99 R6).

http://www.youtube.com/?v=1PPWJCnkulo
A news spot that I helped out with, for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure/Breast Cancer Awareness event held at our Racepark.

I have a few more drag racing videos that I have to convert from DVD. Hope to post them soon.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you're on a slow connection, they can take a while
the KGMB news spot is 30 megs
just watch the "progress" bar at the bottom of each vid.
if you just see the "loading" text, then your browser may not have the correct updated program ( windows media player 9 or 10) . Update via Windows Update.
HOwever, access to youtbue was a little slow earlier today

·
Registered
376 Posts
very nice times & looks like a big improvment in times as well. I havent been to the track on my R6 since it was new in 01. all stock i was running 11.0's on a late Oct night (track was cold). We rode there (should have trailered) cause its only like 15 miles from home.I wanted to let more air out for better traction cuase it was spinning hard just past the 60' mark & also i didnt get to lower it any (since i rode).Im a 200lb guy as well & im sure you have a big weight advantage over me lol. Just cant get any of my friends to go race with me.Its alot of fun.

Keep up the great work & keep us informed of your progress.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish I had a video, but This past saturday, I pulled 10.89 but I launced at 11k on the rpm's. Higher than I've done before, and it was smooth (amazingly) the bike just went. Just gotta shave .200 of a second and I can compete in the index races instead of bracket racing (although, I do fine on the $5 bracket nights, i completely choke when it comes to the real race nights).

the time announcer just made a big deal out of it. I thought it was funny. I used to launch at 10k on my 99 R6, but then again, I was on a carbed bike that would "bog" when i didn't launch at that rpm. It also had less power than the 2k5

Fewer girls are making it out to the track, and we are at a point where we are going to lose our track so I have to put as much time into it until the end of April. Otherwise, its a trip to the Big Island (Hawaii) in order to race on their tracks and that will only be "very few" and far between because of the costs involved.

·
Shes back!!
4,797 Posts
Nice vid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts