R6 Message Net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My (almost) 34 year old Land Rover passed its MOT today with flying colours :)

Bring on the snow :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an annual roadworthiness inspection which is mandatory for any vehicle over 3 years old. Costs £40 and is fully computerised so the relevant authorities know if you are road legal or not.

:)

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
GG Chunk, my experience of old land rovers in the winter is sucidal brakes and zero heat from the heater lol

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah brakes are superb but the heater is definitely lacking in the providing heat department. :lol

The most irksome thing about it is the ride from the leaf sprung suspension, definitely not recommended if you have a dodgy back.

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Do you also have to pass bi-yearly emmissions standards? Thats another tax-grab for the government here. Although we dont have to have mechanical inspections unless the vehicle changes ownership. Just pay a yearly fee for the endorsement on your license plate.

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
AFC said:
Do you also have to pass bi-yearly emmissions standards? Thats another tax-grab for the government here. Although we dont have to have mechanical inspections unless the vehicle changes ownership. Just pay a yearly fee for the endorsement on your license plate.

hey fella!!!!

we get the emmisions test as part of the MOT(Ministry Of Transport Test) that needs to becarried out by law every 1 on cars older than 3 years.

Most ppl know a MATE in a garage that will do their MOT for them as someplaces pick up on stupid things like tread depth :wink

·
Registered
815 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the joy's of having a company car for the last 12 years. Wouldn't have a clue how much tax/tyres/servicing/fuel costs these day's cost.

May come as a bit of a shock one day :)

EDIT: or even what a car cost's these day's (i'll get me coat)

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
I opted out of the company car Jon. I took the money altenative and ran! BTW, a car still only costs a few hundred quid.......not called Steptoe for nowt!

Great news Chunk......no tax either. My mate used to have a Landy camper. In hindsight, I wish I'd bought it off him when he was selling.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's great but...

...how come my 5 year old Audi S3 failed miserably? Brake discs all round - pockets empty.

Now its sorted, I wholly heartedly agree with the 'bring on the snow'. What you're Land Rover does in weight, knobbly tyres and 4WD, the little Audi does with some electronic trickery and 4WD. Cool!

Cheers

Richard

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
rich2w2 said:
What you're Land Rover does in weight, knobbly tyres and 4WD, the little Audi does with some electronic trickery and 4WD. Cool!

Cheers

Richard
Really? :wall

:wink

1 - 16 of 16 Posts