R6 Message Net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say mountain or desert areas. In in Chino Hills, so im pretty centerly located.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Damned, I have been looking for some too. If you do find anythign, let me know.

·
Registered
152 Posts
theres places agong the beach.....san clemente area.... mountains therres big bear.... the desert theres Joshua tree.... mammoth.... damn theres alot....ohh theres idlewild also...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
cool, so you got some info on this. Well I have some questions.

What is the charge to camp out somewhere like that?

Is there any accomodations such as restrooms, or do we have to go nature style?

Can we take a strap?

·
Registered
152 Posts
STRAP..you mean gun right....hmmmmm i dont know why you would need this but whatever... as far as a fee i thinks its like 10-20 bucks? there are showers and restrooms yes so no shitting in the forest or in the water man..... guns... hahaha what do you need that for?

·
Registered
183 Posts
i remember lake piru being really nice. it is probably freezing there right now but the campsite was very nice, the skies were clear so you can see all the stars and the bathrooms was very clean. you can swim at the lake or go fishing, jetskiing and etc. i forgot how much it was a night though.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
GSXR G, Thanks for the info. And as for the call of the nature, I was not planning on shitting on a stream or on a trail, I was going to take a shovel and create a grave. Then cover it up. But a toilet is always better. :D I have done camping in some very remote areas, where when you run out of food you have to find something to live off of.

The strap thing, well thats just something I like to carry sometimes. I don't know, maybe I have been watching too many CSI shows???

·
Registered
401 Posts
any BLM land outside of LA county is basically free and you can setup anywhere you like. Thats what I do.

as for firearms, its a good idea since you have NO ONE for miles around. You need to rely on yourself to handle things just in case. I have had to use one (draw it out) on a few occasions.

If you want to camp on the beach and ride (dirtbike) around I suggest pismo dunes area.

Joshua tree is a great place to hike and camp, its acutally quite varied and is best right after the rains since the desert really comes alive.

·
chronic smoker
518 Posts
i'd go strapped too , never know when a bear might start "set-trippin'"

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hell yeah, thats what I'm talking about. I usually strap my 9mm or .45. when I go places like that, because they are sort of compact. But with the bears, I should probably consider taking the bulky .50 deagle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts