R6 Message Net banner

Slowing shit down is hard

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Azr6 
#1 ·
So I have been finally been able to ride...looped out close to 10 times in 3 days but most have been pretty mild...bent my rim on this last one heh.

On the third day I finally started to use the brake and have gotten pretty consistant at clutchin them right up.

How do you guys keep the bike straight when its so slow? All my bad drops have been from the bike gettin sideways.

Damn slow wheelies are much harder then they look but Im doing decent I think.

#2 ·
I know exactly what you're talking about as far as the bike being more nimble (laterally) when you are going slower. I can pull them up from going 0 MPH (can't keep them below 40), but my body position is so much more of a factor than when I'm going 50 MPH. I'm sure it has to do w/ physics in some dimension, it only makes sense...

In any case, I think learning the brake is harder than steering it, even when I try, the rear brake is not enough instinct for me to save a 1st gear looper. I've come past in second or third, where I have a little more time because its less twitchy, and been able to bring it back, but it came down hard.

Learning the brake and slowing things down is a bizitch. Good luck man, show us some video soon.

#4 ·
you can always cheat by turning up the idle to 2-3k then just give it one good rev. and pop the clutch,dont stay on the gas.Try gettting it up to the bp.As far as the side to side drop the air presure to 15-20 psi.It will come up a little fast but the idle will come in and slow down.

#6 ·
yeah what he said, i run 20psi and my idle arround 4krpm are u sitting or standing?

#7 ·
i put my idle around 3-3.5krpm and i try to keep my tire pressure around 20 to 24psi. where you not covering the brake when you looped them couple of times, cause as long as you cover the brake looping really shouldn't be a problem. the only time i have almost looped was doing a 1st gear ss, brought it back a little too far and the engin brake almost didnt save me. as far as side to side balance dropping tire pressure helps but i think your probably better off learning with like 20 psi and using your body more, then when you move on to things like circles you won't have to raise it back up

#8 ·
i know this is a stupid answr but why lower the tire pressure?

more surface on the ground?

#9 ·
fvckin tire is coned.. if u run little pressure it kind gives u a flat spot buddy..

i'd show u how to ride azr6 but your to chicken to come down.

#10 ·
wheeliest said:
fvckin tire is coned.. if u run little pressure it kind gives u a flat spot buddy..

thanks buddy:thumbup

#11 ·
So we rode all weekend and man what progression.

Im clutchin them to bp really consistently now and using the brake to control the speed...still have a nasty throttle habit tho which I am working on.

Im guessin I have about 10 psi in the rear for now and I have my idle up but don't know what at since I don't have gauges.

Its just weird how this shit clicks all of a sudden...like learnin to wheelie all over again heh.
wheeliest said:

Eh...is even that...I have my reasons for not riding with you.

#19 ·
if u believe all that he said she said bs, thats cool. your just another tree in the park, shady just like the rest of em.

#25 ·
redR62004 said:
you can always cheat by turning up the idle to 2-3k then just give it one good rev. and pop the clutch,dont stay on the gas.Try gettting it up to the bp.As far as the side to side drop the air presure to 15-20 psi.It will come up a little fast but the idle will come in and slow down.
glad to see you're trying az. don't worry about idle and shit like that till you start slowing it down consistantly. use that rear brake religiously. you'll be able to use it more efficiently as you get better. but the combination of throttle and brake significantly help the bike stay balanced and with your body input, help keep the bike straight up. i notice with me that it's always when i get off the gas a little that the bike moves around a little more. i'd give it a little more gas and some brake, and i'd smooth right out. it's ok to be on the gas, just be smooth about it, and you'll start to slow down. keep at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.