R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
personally i dont have a through background on the functionality of a single sided swingarm for the r6...but it looks sick as hell! Also is it worth it? If all these euro machines have them, why not the japenese bikes? Ive serched a little bit, but i like starting new threads lol:myfault

·
Registered
628 Posts
only looks sick from one side... =) but i have no clue

·
Registered
558 Posts
besides looking great the only real advantage is being able to change a tire in about 6 seconds. and it doesn't even look that great on the r6 since the exhuast hides the rim.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I think it's a waste of money!! If your going to show off your bike in shows then maybe it's worth something.. Other then that don't get it!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think it would look pretty good with a highmount

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Single-sided swing arms aren't just for looks, they reduce weight by a significant amount. I don't think there's one available for Yamaha bikes, at least I've never seen one that's a bolt-on replacement. But yea, they're a race-bred part...reduced weight, greatly incresaed wheel replacement speed, that sorta thing.

·
Registered
558 Posts
AwwsChwA said:
Single-sided swing arms aren't just for looks, they reduce weight by a significant amount. I don't think there's one available for Yamaha bikes, at least I've never seen one that's a bolt-on replacement. But yea, they're a race-bred part...reduced weight, greatly incresaed wheel replacement speed, that sorta thing.
wrong...the sss is actually heavier than a modern dual sided swingarm, not to mention adjusting chain length changes wheelbase and ride height. like i said, the only technological advantage is quick tire changes.

do you really think ducati would give up their sss if it was better? i mean, it was almost one of their trademarks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
chiromikey said:
wrong...the sss is actually heavier than a modern dual sided swingarm, not to mention adjusting chain length changes wheelbase and ride height. like i said, the only technological advantage is quick tire changes.
I'm assuming by "adjusting chain length" you mean slack...either way, doesn't adjusting slack affect (minimally) the wheelbase on any bike?

·
Wat up DAWG!!!
3,037 Posts
check out rossi's m1, it has its adjusters all that way on max to stabilise the bike under power

·
Chase
906 Posts
any pics of an r6 with SSS?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Just talked to my friend and got him to send some pics. Here is a list of the original costs. Greggs customs ss swing arm=$2000.00 Brembo race caliper and 200mm rotor= $1200.00 Ducati hub and brake bracket $500.00 BST Ducati 6" race wheel= $2150.00 . He is willing to let it all go for only $4000. Below are some pics.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
awsome feedbacks...yea i aint bout to shell out 4k, i could do alot more to whore my bike with those kind of beans..still looks sick as hell, but if i dont need it than fug it

·
Wat up DAWG!!!
3,037 Posts
Thrak said:
:umm The 999 and 749 have a traditional swingarm.... what bikes are you looking at?
Thats what i ment that the 999 749 use trad swingers so its more practical for raciing

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
$4k just for a swing arm or a nice deposit on the 06 R6? Hummmmmmmmmmm....
I'll have to mill that one over for a while.:myfault :myfault :myfault

1 - 20 of 21 Posts