R6 Message Net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a solo tail that i run on the street. i am getting ready for a trackday (yet its in a month and im already getting ready...yea that bug has hit me
) and this would be my first one with the tail. i completely forgot about unplugging the lights so i am going to inevitably clip all my zipties and take off the tail unplug the wires and ziptie it back together, can be a pain in the ass...

question: while im in there should i just make an easy access switch to turn the whole back end lighting off (is that allowed or are the sticklers on making sure its unplugged--im doing STT)? or extend the wires to move the plug to it easy access such as under the seat (the harder possibly little more expensive option)? so that way next time i do a trackday i don't have to do all the work just to unplug the lights.

this is the only glitch i have had so far with running a solo tail...

·
Sliding past you!
1,107 Posts
I wouldn't even bother unplugging the tail lights, I would just put tape over the lights and be done with it.

I would only unplug the headlights because they will heatup the glue on the tape and be a pain in the ass to get off.

FYI, the only lights people usually unplug are the headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o really? i heard that the lights heat up the glue on the tape, i also thought they did that on the rear too.

ill have to feel the lights, after i get home from a ride today and see how they feel.

thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wouldn't even bother unplugging the tail lights, I would just put tape over the lights and be done with it.

I would only unplug the headlights because they will heatup the glue on the tape and be a pain in the ass to get off.

FYI, the only lights people usually unplug are the headlights.
I find it very interesting that you say that. With every organization I've ridden with, they require at tech that the brake lights do not work, mainly b/c it is a very big distraction when you come up on someone and see that light going on and off.

The headlight is actually okay with a few organizations mainly b/c it's not a distraction to anyone behind our or in front of you (no mirrors).

Isnt' there a simple fuse you can unplug for the rear brake lights? Lift up the seat, unplug, bam done.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes that fuse you are talking about does control the lights, BUT on my bike it also controls the instrument cluster. so i wont have a tach. speedo i could care less about but i need my tach. its different on the various years i know.

all lights WILL be taped up, mirrors taken off and everything i need to do.

im just going to end up making a switch, seems to be the easiest solution.

i wish my fuse wouldn't cut the power to the instrument panel it would make it a lot easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts