R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then, I am currently rebuilding my R6 engine using another one which is in quite a bit of disrepair - I only need the top half of the engine... Anyway there was no flywheel/starter clutch cover on the engine when I got it, so the flywheel is rusted - tried removing it last nigth and the bloody thing wont budge .... I tried loads of pentrating oil, using 2 flat-bladed screwdrivers to prise each side - being careful not to damage anything else, and even fashioned some sort of home-made pulling device using some flat steel bent so it hooks around the back of the wheeland then using a large bolt int he middle so that when the nut is tighted it pulls the hooks. Failure!

Anyway, anyone got any ideas, or is there a special tool I can get? Its completely seized as it should normally just slide off (as far as I can make out)...

Cheers!

·
Registered
278 Posts
you need a flywheel puller. sounds like what you made is pretty close. do the bolt up tight so it pushes on the crankshaft and the steel plate pulls the flywheel, then get a hammer and give the bolt a good smack.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Did you try heating it up with a torch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts