R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question regarding about seat position. is it better to sit on the seat where your near the gas tank or sit where your rear end is at the back of the seat while riding thx in advance

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am fairly short as well probably 5'-6" ish and I find myself sitting close to the tank. I do not think this is by choice really but its just how I fot on the bike. If i try to sit further back i just slide down forward and it really takes some effort to keep myself back up in the seat and I have to be leaning forward quite a bit to have good control of the bike. Not really comfortable to sit further back in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
if i am just easy riding i will sit close to the tank, but when im riding aggressively i find myself sitting closer to the back of the seat.

i dont know it just feels more comfortable back there when im riding and i feel it gives me more leverage to flick the bike and move my butt from side to side.

im 5'9" btw

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm 5'10" and I sit up by the gas tank. The only time I ever move back is when I'm REALLY hauling ass. I just don't find it comfortable to sit further away.

·
Registered
252 Posts
depends where i am in the corner

getting on the gas out of the corner, i sit back

coming into a corner im up on the tank to put weight onto the front tire so you can load it up properly.

try to stay close to the tank, your bike will ride the best that way (with proper suspension set up)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm just over 6' and I sit near the tank most of the time. But most of my riding is around town so I'm starting and stopping alot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sit close to the tank in most situations; its more comfortable so I can sit up a bit straight when I want; and also keeps me more in line with the center of mass on the bike; makes it easier to flick around (from my experience). If I'm riding fast or cornering more aggressively i tend to scootch farther back in the seat; it feels far more stable to me. I'm 5'11" and about 250lbs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well All i can say is Riding close to the tank or far from it is all up to your preference... but all you need to know is when doing hard breaking you want to be able to balance the bike's suspension: for example... on the track.. your open on the straight then need to break to enter a turn... you have to think that leaning forward too much while breaking put more pressure on your front suspensions, so to counter that effect you have to adjust your body position(sitting position) on your bike to put less stress on the front suspension.. the result on this is on the turn your suspension will have more play to take the turn (better traction) .. rather than bottoming out your front suspensions and then leaning on the turn can lead to loose of play on the front suspension and loose of tractions... this is just on thing you got to think about when and where you are riding and how is your body position on your bike... Yeah i agree on the other guys ... due to the fact that they are taller longer reach on handle bar .. in your situation ... rider who are not that tall is... on the track... they tend to move off the bike as much more than the tall guys... most tall guys have to do is just stick their knee out to take a turn..... but the main thing is.. this sitting close to the tank or farther... is it better or not?.. well it pretty much up to the rider itself.... where you are riding and what you are doing... on the track you just dont sit by the tank... on the street crusing well theres no need to worry about sitting where you want .. you can stand up is you want to...its just where you need it is where you need to adjust...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts