R6 Message Net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dragraces too much
1,641 Posts
If you can do a standing burnout, you're close. A little less braking with the front, keep the throttle open, and lean forward a touch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Easy - Pull clutch in, bring rpm's up while covering front brake, pop clutch and apply more or less front brake to control rolling speed. Keeping your weight forward while standing lightens the back tire, watch your belt - I scratched my tank :mad:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
screw it, just hop on the tank..kidding...front brake control is the key, to much brake, and you will lock your front wheel, go to one side and down goes the bike...

·
Registered
40 Posts
ive only tried stopped burnouts, but how hard is it to keep it balanced? do you have to be really steady or does the bike pretty much stand up on its own??? i'm prolly not gonna try for awhile since i just ordered new tires but maybe when they start to die.

·
Registered
588 Posts
mmmm.... iv'e been doin them the last couple days killin this tire as i'm putting my new one on wednesday. here is easy right now siince it's so cold out the tire not heating up enough to make it stick. i've pretty much have been going about 10mph then pop the clutch and run the gear out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was actually just coming into the forum to ask about this. I have done it a few times, but was scared when I locked up the front wheel. Basically what I did was put slight pressure on the front brake and roll on the throttle slowly until the bike started spinning the back wheel, all the while leaning forward.

Does dropping the clutch work better? Also, when leaning forward above you tank, where do you put your weight? On your wrists or your feet? Or do you put some weight physically on the tank?
Loren

·
Registered
153 Posts
LorenGPhD said:
Does dropping the clutch work better? Also, when leaning forward above you tank, where do you put your weight? On your wrists or your feet? Or do you put some weight physically on the tank?
Loren
Yes dropping the clutch does work better. When leaning you put your weight on the front (wrists?). If the back tire starts to bounce, sometimes putting more pressure on the pegs will help.

I have trouble with the front wheel skipping. I think it's because I put too much brake??? The thing is sometimes I can't even do a stand still burnout because my front tire keeps skipping. I push down as hard as I can on the front and it still skips???

·
Registered
42 Posts
jeisun said:
Yes dropping the clutch does work better. When leaning you put your weight on the front (wrists?). If the back tire starts to bounce, sometimes putting more pressure on the pegs will help.

I have trouble with the front wheel skipping. I think it's because I put too much brake??? The thing is sometimes I can't even do a stand still burnout because my front tire keeps skipping. I push down as hard as I can on the front and it still skips???
Have you ever tried giving more throttle when wheel is skipping? The wheel would spin faster and create less friction.
Loren

·
Registered
153 Posts
2005R6RIDER said:
if your having problems with still burnouts lift the bike with your thighs
My problem was the front wheel would skip. How do you lift with your thighs when your feet are on the ground? It doesn't happen all the time, I think it was because the front tire was cold and by then the back was pretty hot after doing some rolling burn outs.
Also, yeah adding more throttle helps stop the back tire from bouncing. I just also found that sometimes after it starts bouncing alot if you put more pressure on the pegs, or take a little weight off the front and litte more on the back it will help stop the tire from bouncing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts