R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes indeed. The price has been cut for Christmas - and priced at a bargain etc etc....

New price is $18.99, for which price you get 150 minutes of entertaining racing action from the WERA series.

At the very least check out the trailer at www.roadracedvd.com

AND 10% of the proceeds go to the famous Airfence fund. I've raised over $5,000 already for this worthy cause....so thanks to those that already bought it

·
Registered
373 Posts
This is a must have for anyone that likes racing, well put togther video. For anyone wanting to see footage of most of the east coast tracks this is the ticket, tons of onboard footage to help you learn the track. Plus anything to help out the airfence fund I'm all about, bump for Mark!

·
Sliding past you!
1,107 Posts
They are sweet videos.
I am in the 03 video, just a quick shot of me leading the pack at VIR heading towards the bridge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys :D And hey Todd - you are EVERYWHERE on the interweb.......did you hear that Skip bought himslef Josh Herrin's 05 R6???? Damn him....:mad:

:D

·
WERA#39
338 Posts
MarkB said:
Thanks guys :D And hey Todd - you are EVERYWHERE on the interweb.......did you hear that Skip bought himslef Josh Herrin's 05 R6???? Damn him....:mad:

:D
yea, i kinda had a feeling he did. I saw that he has shot the guy selling Josh's bike on the WERA board a PM, and at the price of $8500 for Josh's bike was a GREAT deal. That thing was maintained meticulously. We pitted next to Josh at several different tracks, and i spoke with Josh's dad many times. If i was in the market for a different bike, i'd have been all over that.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Just wait until you guys see the section on bodywork repair. Very in depth and technical. I was ready to run out and start my own repair service after just one viewing.

The video is a bargain, helping the airfence fund is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Well I got my copy. I hate to post a negative review but..... it sucked. I expected alteast 2 people to be involved. It was 1 guy holding the camera the whole time. Both me and Och watched it and were stunned. I was looking forward to the track videos that showed the location, but that was a jip too. It only moved the dot every 10 seconds or more.

Maybe I just expected too much. But I just didnt think it would be one person, without a real script. I hate to say not to buy it since he contributes to a good cause and all... but I would recommend buying Faster before this.

·
WERA#39
338 Posts
just FYI, youve got to keep in mind, this is a HOMEMADE DVD dude. Its a bare bones club racer recording his season using basically a $400 camcorder. With that in mind, out of all the other AMATURE vids out there done by racers or squids on the street, RoadRaceDVD is a great film. If you were expecting a million dollar budget film the quality of FASTER, then you were def. let down im sure.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
WERA42 said:
just FYI, youve got to keep in mind, this is a HOMEMADE DVD dude. Its a bare bones club racer recording his season using basically a $400 camcorder. With that in mind, out of all the other AMATURE vids out there done by racers or squids on the street, RoadRaceDVD is a great film. If you were expecting a million dollar budget film the quality of FASTER, then you were def. let down im sure.
It wasnt that I was expecting Faster. Its just I didnt think that it would be so amateur. I give the guy props for trying, but one person shouldnt make a DVD like this.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Big Deezul said:
your next project Cory?
Well I wasnt planning on it once I saw this DVD was out there. I figured someone did what I envisioned. Then I watched it and realized so much more could be done. I certainly dont want it to seem like I am bashing this movie cause I wanna make a better one. I am just thinking about it. I would definetly want it to be more like Faster, with professional cameras, more interviews with better questions, and more of a story line for a whole season. It would be a huge project. If we could get together the R6MN endurance team, that would make it much easier. We could all become the stars, especially you Big D, since you would be the quickest on the team.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
from an actual racers perspective, and a racer who had not been to some of the tracks that were filmed, this on board footage of SE region tracks was PRICELESS (the 1st road race DVD anyway, i have not seen the new one). Before my 1st race at Barber in 2004 i watched the 1st RoadRace DVD about 30 times. I actually had the layout memorized before i went and it was a huge benefit considering i had 2 practice sessions prior to my GTU race.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts