R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw it on today's motogp.com's news. This news isn't finalized but I think I figured why Puig dropped Hiroshi Aoyama, which is something a Japanese factory will try not to do unless of sponsorship, from the 250 team when Telefonica pulled its sponsorship from MotoGP altogether. They brought in Sebastian Porto, a Repsol rider, to the new Repsol Honda 250 team and will choose another Repsol rider, maybe of Spanish Heritage. Furthermore, I saw Puig in one of Dani Pedrosa testing photos in the Repsol camp. Alberto Puig certainly made Honda and Repsol really close friends. I wonder if he will become the replacement for Jerry Burgess that Honda lost, when Valentino moved to the Yamaha camp, and become Dani's chief while still keeping his 250 camp as a way for Honda to find young talent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't think so. It is Honda that dropped Hiro not Alberto.

Telefonica is angry that Honda hang Pedrosa to Repsol so they left and Repsol goes to that factory Honda 250cc team. So Porto as a Repsol rider gets a place in that team. Honda is gonna put Shuhei Aoyama (Hiro's younger brother) there as the 2nd rider. Honda always puts last year's Janpanese 250cc champion into a factory WGP250CC team like they did to Hiro in 2004 and Takahashi in 2005. Shuhei is 2005 Janpanese champion of 250cc so he will be there.

Alberto is Dani's manager and mentor . He goes wherever Pedrosa goes so he can always keep an eye on his Jedi and help him whenever he needs to.He is like Dani's father there not a chief.

Dani came up from 250cc to moto GP , he brought his old 250cc chief and a few other men with him. That is to say his chief in 2006 is the same man as in 2005----Mike Leitner.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh... I know about Telefonica pulling out, and I figured about Repsol taking over the 250 sponsorship. I also knew about Honda and Puig dropping Hiro, but didn't really knew who decided the first pull. Anyway, you reminded me about 250 Japanese champion coming to ride for WGP250... I forgot about that, that was how Daijiro came to motogp too. Thanks for the remind.
Yes, I agree that Dani is a student of Alberto, like Jedi-son. So, Puig is just Dani's manager? Does he have any other official role in the MotoGP Repsol camp? Like Davide of Yamaha who was responsible for Rossi movement?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry don't know that . I don't think Puig will be team manager as he is in the 250ccs. For sure the Repsol Honda team is not a Pedrosa singal man team. He is Pedrosa's manager but other than that in that team...who knows...

I am just puzzled why Honda dropped Hiro. He is actually good. He is the only other Honda rider won a race this year ( except Dani of course) . And what he did last year is far more impressive than Takahashi did this year. If Honda does not have enough seats in the official team ...they should drop Takahashi not Hiro.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that Hiro did very well this year, despite some crashes he had when he was in front. Anyway, I really think that the problem was sponsorship. Almost all Japanese riders lack sponsorships, unlike Spanish or Italian riders. The only sponsors they have are the factory themselves, I wonder what they expected out of Hiro, not every Japanese rider will be a winner like Daijiro, just like Marco Simoncelli isn't really Valentino Rossi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts