R6 Message Net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
N*gga stole my bike!
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In MD. After being raped by my local shop for a simple mount and balance, I figure it would be nice to hear where other folks are getting their tires mounted and balanced.

This can actually become a "Northeast" recommended tire installer thread if you guys want. A single location for this information could come in handy to others in the region.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean by "raped", I went to Battley Cycles in Gaithersburg, MD. I have read several posts on these forums of how it is much cheaper to remove the wheels from your bike and bring the wheels + tires to the shop on your own. I called up this particular shop asking about the price for that scenario and was told it would be $47. I was happy with that price seeing how I spent $120 when I rode my bike there to have the tires mounted. Going through the labor of removing my own wheels brought that $120 down to a mere $47. And other members on this board have stated similar prices, usually around $40 from what I've seen.

Anyways, I get there with the wheels in my trunk and tires in the passenger seat. The guy at the service counter tells me it'll run me $47... PER WHEEL!!! Pretty much coming out to a little over $100. I'm thinking to myself, this can't be right. The trouble of removing my own wheels and all only to save myself $20? But sure enough, that was their price.

I later on found out that CAD Cycles in Gaithersburg, MD only charges $25 per wheel. Pretty much half the price of Battley, so that is where I will go in the future. I would like to hear of any better deals in the area though.

Post up where you get your tires mounted, the price, and the method (wheels on/off the bike).

·
Registered
17 Posts
my garage, by myself, for free.
Do it for friends and strangers alike for $15 per wheel. Lil more if on the bike.

Takes me ~30 mins start to finish for 1 wheel, on the bike, mounted, & balanced. Im extremely particular and the balance takes the most time. About 15 mins for a mount & balance on a wheel handed to me.

Best part... I can guarantee no damage to wheels and can do ANY wheel including CF unlike ALL my local shops.
My evil plan was to go mobile with a cargo trailer and totally torpedo their tire installation market by doing it on site. Fortunately for them....my day job keeps me "soft" with a comfortable salary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts