R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get one soon and I was searching on eBay. Is a swingarm stand the same thing as a rear wheel stand? If not, which one is the best to get? Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
PitBull is by far the best. I have a set of T-Rex and they seem to do a good job, designed a great deal like the pit bull. A swing arm stand and a rear wheel stand can be one in the same depending on discription. A swingarm stand will have two areas in which fit under your swing arm to raise the bike, a spooled stand will need the addition of spools to the rear of your bike. Some stands can be purchased that do both. the T-Rex that I have will do both. A spooled stand is easier to get on and the bike up in my opinion bacuse the stand can rotate as it is put into place. But as I said its just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Save yourself the hassle and buy a decent set of stands. Make sure you buy a spooled rear stand, they are easier to use and the bike is more stable on the stand with this type.

If you buy a front stand that lifts from under the fork bottoms, make sure it is made to use with the R1/R6's forks, as they are different lengths.

I have a Yamaha badged Graves rear and a set of Handy Industries stands which are pretty good for the money. I think the Graves is every bit as nice to use as the Pit Bull, the Handy stands aren't as nice but like I said decent for the money. I've used Woodcraft in the past, and thought they were nice as well. Run away from any Lockhart Phillips brand stand.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just need something for the time being to drop the motor. I don't need a front stand yet. Is there really that big of a difference in the Pit Bull stand and a cheap one? I mean, as long as they keep the bike up, then thats all i need.

·
aka The O'Reilly Factor
1,595 Posts
yea it would work, but i would get something stronger. i have the r-spec front and rear stands and they work awesome. plus they were only $99.00 and $65.00 respectively.

·
ARE OH IN IN WHY
1,177 Posts

Very similiar and around 40 bucks cheaper, love my vortex stand,very stable, also i agree with the spooled stands are better

1 - 20 of 34 Posts