R6 Message Net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone might be able to recolor my kitchen cabinets white. I am thinking of replacing them with a lighter wood, but I was also thinking of going with white. I was going to start this week, but decided white may look better.

As far as the color, just a basic bright white. I'm not real picky on how exact it is. I tried it myself in PS and screwed it all up. I'd just like an idea of how a drastic color change would look.

I've included 2 pics since I didn't know how the lighting would affect it.

Thanks a ton, and excuse the mess.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
PerfectMistake said:
Yeah the white looks really good. But I'd be curious to see what a light maple or ash would do for that kitchen. :wink
That's our other choice is light maple. Both are about the same price, so that's why we were trying to see what it looks like.

Thanks a ton Seth!

:thumbup

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
ash-ish, Hahaha I like that word. Umm, ok I like the white better. The "ash-ish" brings out the floor, but the white really makes the room pop!

Thanks btw!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
yes, i too like the white better. especially given the diminutive size of the kitchen. the white really opens it up and makes it more inviting. adding to the "inviting" sentiment, i think the white looks cleaner. and who doesn't appreciate a cleaner kitchen?

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
the white matches the appliances therefore giving the room a more complete feel. The as-ish looks like an afterthought

·
Registered
88 Posts
Redoing your cabinets in a lighter color is a no brainer.
- cleaner looking
- looks bigger
- looks more up to date

We're getting ready to reface our cabinets here at Luna-Land. Remodeling on the cheap so we can flip this house over and put the profit into something bigger.

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
oh I thought you meant "your" as in everyone, in general. Like a blanket statement, and I was thinking that lighter cabinets just wouldn't look right in my kitchen. Didn't think you meant me, 'cause only one of you has seen my house.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, thanks Seth. My wife was having a hard time deciding on which color to go with. That will really help out.

I owe you an e-beer.

:lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts