R6 Message Net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As im out of i bike now i thought i might do a bit of window shopping, this may be a bit of a stupid question, i dont no, anyway i was wundering what the difference is betwenn an R6 and a R6s Raven, i've searched the fourm and aint come across anything???????

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
Well....it's black. And it's fast.

·
Registered
29 Posts
r6dreamer said:
The 06 R6 is a new bike. The 06 R6S is the same as the 2003 R6. The 06 R6 cost more and the two bikes look different. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/lifestylehome/home.aspx They changed the site a little just look under street motorcycle and then choose super sport.
Nah not quite...the 06 R6-S is the same as the 05 bike hence it has radial mounted brakes and master cylinder plus the USD forks.

Russ

·
2002 blue
701 Posts
It's not the same as either, it's a mix of 04 and 05. The main bike is from 05(frame, body , engine) and the forks and brakes(maybe more) are from the 03-04.

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
oddz_r6 said:
Nah not quite...the 06 R6-S is the same as the 05 bike hence it has radial mounted brakes and master cylinder plus the USD forks.

Russ
Correct, this might be the case since he's from Europe, where the Euro version of the 06 R6-S is a US version of 05 R6. Where are you from exactly, Adam, the UK?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had another look at the Yamaha site and I am not right...sorry guys.

Looks like the R6S has the standard forks and brakes, might have had a surplus of the 04 stock left?

Yamaha Australia site hasn't been updated with the S yet so don't know whats happening here.

Russ

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Eric Baker said:
It's not the same as either, it's a mix of 04 and 05. The main bike is from 05(frame, body , engine) and the forks and brakes(maybe more) are from the 03-04.
I actually think its an 04 frame.. I know a lot of the racers liked the 04 better and were quicker on the 04 stuff... The only reason the 05 changed was b/c of the inverted forks, which arent on the 06 r6s, so i see no reason to keep it since it also added some weight... :2cents

·
Registered
742 Posts
FrkyMnky1487 said:
I actually think its an 04 frame.. I know a lot of the racers liked the 04 better and were quicker on the 04 stuff... The only reason the 05 changed was b/c of the inverted forks, which arent on the 06 r6s, so i see no reason to keep it since it also added some weight... :2cents
We Canadians get inverted forks and radial mount brakes on the '06 R6 S...not sure why they'd leave them off on the US model.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts