4,370 Posts
So if Biaggi sides with Kwak, they will have 4 riders this year? :bugeyes

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
NemesisR6 said:
So if Biaggi sides with Kwak, they will have 4 riders this year? :bugeyes

Huh?

Kawi currently has Shinya Nakano and Randy de Puniet, if they sign Biaggi they'll have 3.

Randy's testing on the 05 because they only had 1 06 available for testing, as well he needed seat time on a Moto GP machine... he tested on the 06 on the last day of testing.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yep, the name of the game is never put a rookie who hasn't proved himself to ride a new ride and also unable to give feedback to the factory engineers... Finding a good set-up for the 05 is good training and helps his crew to be established with his style of communication to get a good feedback. I'm thinking his current crew certainly knows how to get his bike to the machine's ability and then make it so it is to the best of Randy's ability. I won't say that Randy is ultra-talented but I do hope he will do well this year and maybe receive more opportunities in the future. I really thought that he should have gotten a ride last year, but then he stayed on and really hurt his confidence and his momentum to ride well.

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
kaotic trance said:
Huh?

Kawi currently has Shinya Nakano and Randy de Puniet, if they sign Biaggi they'll have 3.
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

For some reason I though Olivier Jaque was going to be riding for them this year, but he's still just going to be a test rider.

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
de Puniet has been lined up tp ride for Kawi for some time now. Hope that guy has a major Xmas bonus lined up for his manager - I wonder what the hell he told Kawi to get him a factory MotoGP ride. I don't even think he finished in the top 5 in 250cc this past season. It will be interesting to see how the kid does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts