R6 Message Net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried Rain-x on a helmet windshield? I'm somewhat worried about rain on a ride this weekend and wondered if it would cause any issues on my helmet.

Thanks!

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
are you talking about using the the Rain-X windshield washer fluid for cars? I've used that stuff, with the "enhanced bug removal action" or whatever on my visor (not entire helmet) no problem. Works really well, plows the bugs off, and leaves the visor perfectly clean an unnoticeable. I just splash a small amount straight out of the jug onto a paper towel and wipe. Never noticed any issues with rain, but haven't been caught it it but a few light showers.

I guess I should mention this is a Shoei visor in the event it matters.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I should be a little more clear, sorry about the confusion. I was talking about my visor specifically and was really wondering if Rain-x would cause any issues since the visor is plastic vs a car windshield being glass. Just didn't want to ruin my visor the day before I leave!!!

I do like the the washerfluid idea, might work well with bugs since it's the summer! Thanks for the reply!!!

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
I've used it (the washer fluid) about 3-4 times over the past 10 weeks and my visor is still as crystal clear as the day i bought it. When in doubt, spot test it. Put a small amount on the side of the visor where it won't affect your vision while wearing it, like by the pivot joint, and see what happens.

·
I "heart" motorcycles
46 Posts
Are you talking about the rainX you apply to your visor before it rains? I have heard some guys putting it on their visors, and it makes lines. They have a hard time getting it off because, well it can't be washed off that is what it's on there for. Anyway as long as you apply it lightly and try not to make any streaks it should be OK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts