R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just curious to know what kind of gloves you'd prefer for a track day. I have been looking at some here and there, but not quiet sure what is recommended. What do you guys think of the ones with that steel plating look on the knuckes and fingers? is that really necessary? Or would a good pair of leather ones suffice?
thanks guys.

·
kid in a sandbox
1,752 Posts
motogp nitrous gloves

·
Registered
378 Posts
TZRaceR6 said:
Remember you said this when you are trying to wipe your ass or trying to feed yourself with a degloved, rashed and/or broken hand.
+1. NEVER skimp on riding gear. Its true how you take things for granted until they are taken away from you.....

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
Apache600 said:
point taken
And don't get me wrong... I'm not saying you have to go out and buy the most expensive gloves out there, but don't put a price on your body either. Look for things like triple kevlar stitching at impact points, quality armor on the wrist, back of the hand and knuckles, kangaroo or goat skin along with cowhide, and take opinions from others that have crashed in certain gloves.

I know there are gloves out there for $150-$200 that would do a fine job, I just happen to be partial to gloves that cost $250. After all my crashes, I take safety equipment very seriously. And if I can help steer people to get quality gear which ends up preventing them from injury, then I'm a happy camper. :thumbup

·
Registered
906 Posts
Apache600 said:
What do you guys think of the ones with that steel plating look on the knuckes and fingers? is that really necessary? Or would a good pair of leather ones suffice?
thanks guys.
Leather alone is better than nothing but it won't save your bones from breaking. I had some leather gloves, with no armour (was saving up for some with armour and I ended up crashing before i could get a better pair. So now I have a cracked knuckle:myfault :thumbdown :sick

·
kid in a sandbox
1,752 Posts
caparossi has those custom made cuz i believe he had some kind of a bad accident which ruined the back of his hands. that extra padding on the back of his hands provides the protection he needs.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
albinohickey said:
Hey Deez, do those have armour in/around the wrist? TZ has got me all sorts of convinced that that is the way to go with gloves.
Yes it has zylon armor. Read up on it on the Kushitani site, the stuff is stronger then anything else put into a set of gloves.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
na...thats a little out of my range. I have the gp-techs with hard armor as well. I am just really digging these kootchy-tanies

·
Woody Racing #409
1,311 Posts
I've got GP Pros but for the money I would get GP Techs
(I ordered the techs but got pro's by mistake and crashed in em before i could send them back, lol)

·
Registered
538 Posts
asphaltpilot said:
Anyone notice the gloves Caparossi wears? Those things are friggin' massive...like michelin man hands.
These?:

He had the same thing when he wore Spyke gear. Apparently he's had a few wrist injuries, requiring some additonal padding.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts