R6 Message Net banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
I don't mean to sound like a bad ass by saying I've been close to 170 but after reading that link I doubt I was going that fast. The speedo said 171 and that was using gearing for a higher top speed and drafting :shrug Either way it was fast as hell....

And RZ knows what he's talking about, no need to talk shit.

With enough room on the FI bikes they will get very close to toping out. That needle isn't moving very fast but it will get there.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
blueblur said:
I don't mean to sound like a bad ass by saying I've been close to 170 but after reading that link I doubt I was going that fast. The speedo said 171 and that was using gearing for a higher top speed and drafting :shrug Either way it was fast as hell....

And RZ knows what he's talking about, no need to talk shit.

With enough room on the FI bikes they will get very close to toping out. That needle isn't moving very fast but it will get there.

RZ does know what he is talking about guys.

The 03/04 was clocked at somewhere arounf 158mph I seriously doubt we saw much more then 160 at Daytona to be honest Mike. I know I wasnt hitting the rev limiter and the gearing we ran isnt that much different then stock when you think about it. 17/50 is real close to 16/47

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Hawk6r said:
I know hit around 162 around Pocono. We of course know the speedo is notoriously off. I'd say anywhere between 155-160 for a stock bike. I had a RZ350 I'm sure that thing wouldn't do much more than 120. Mine had a constant weave above 90 mph.

I doubt it Phil...sorry to rain on your parade but there is no way you were actually going that fast. Speedo might have said that but they dont live in the real world. They are way way off at top speeds.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Just to further elaborate, I think the 171 on the 06 was on the SS bike, when I said it's possible to crack 160-170 this would be on a mod'd out bike with a LOT of room to run up on it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
really? stock tops out at 160?? i just bought an 01 but i gota do a little body work before i push it hard, and its not the best weather, but the guy i bought it from bought it and didn't ride it much but he said he had it up to 170. what do you think, he liein out his ass, or the girl got some mods i dont even know about??:thumbup

·
Registered
332 Posts
So are we talking about real speed or what the speedo reads ? My 04 with a slip on showed a indicated 169 while i was trying to chase down my friend on his gsxr 750 " fat chance " But thats what it said 169 So im gonna assume i was going like 159-160 it sure felt fast at 1am

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
travis87 said:
really? stock tops out at 160?? i just bought an 01 but i gota do a little body work before i push it hard, and its not the best weather, but the guy i bought it from bought it and didn't ride it much but he said he had it up to 170. what do you think, he liein out his ass, or the girl got some mods i dont even know about??:thumbup

I would guess your 01 tops out closer to 150. The factory speedo's are way off at high speeds.

Yamz, let see if we can reach terminal velocity...... with your bike of course

·
Registered
36 Posts
168mph...yah i'm sure it was pretty darn close

What up guys...not much of a post it type of guy..just usually read what you guys have to say and get an opinion on the new stuff coming out..etc...Anywho, I had a 03' r6...with K&N, yoshi slip-on, and power commander tuned up by Johnny Cheese town here in Austin and I definately would have to say hitting 160plus was a sinch....Racing my bud on his 954 and we both took a roll on at 4th and I hit 168 in 6th at about 10k...and still was pushing but road was coming to an end...so I can vouch for the speed b/c two different bikes read almost exactly the same speed...now if both bikes were exactly off the same amount could of been, but 168 on the speedo whether it was that speed or not.....I am almost positive she can hit 165 or more this was also on stock gearing....But will definately trying to see what a 17000 tach can do :myfault First in line for yellow/black.....ride safe

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
I'm running a speedohealer and I still can't vouche for anything over 160, but I sure would like to snag a radar gun and put this shit to rest once and for all......

And RZ, can I ride your bike out the back of the plane? It'd be the only way I could top some of the dumber things I have done on a bike

·
Dragraces too much
1,641 Posts
In absolute stock form sans tires, someone raced a (01?) at daytona, saw indicated 178 banging off the limiter while drafting (old cycleworld article, by that one asshole, caveget or wtf ever).

Body positioning for top speed = skill, fwiw... ask the bonneville racers if there's skill to going fast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know if makes any difference but, I ran almost everyday 272Km/h (on the speed gauge) on my way to work in the morning. (Portugal)

It only differs almost -10Km/h when the wind blows.

272Km/h = 169 MPH

My bike is a 2002 European Yamaha R6 stock exaust and in my hands since new (it have now 32000Km)

Maybe the explanation is because the gasoline I use everyday is 100 octanes and I´m 75kg weight.

Best regards.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts