R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what a stock r6 tops out at MPH wise?? and i was wathing some bike stunt movie today and i saw some chick ride a wheelie for three miles i was wondering at what speed you could ride a 600 or should i say in what gear can a good driver pop one up?? i think the girl was riding a cbr,

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah if you are running stock around that range. I know mine after all mods and a little gearing change i top out around 173. Plus if you draft someone you could probably get a little more out of her.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Yep Blueblur is pretty well accurate it's around 160. The modified top end can be anywhere from 165-175 all depending on prevailing winds, rider skill/weight, and mods.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Cever said:
Yep Blueblur is pretty well accurate it's around 160. The modified top end can be anywhere from 165-175 all depending on prevailing winds, rider skill/weight, and mods.
+1

With gearing I'm sure my 02 was around 170 at daytona. Drafting is essential at those speeds.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
KNowing how to crawl under the paint is also handy

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Well, I don't want to argue about it, but I ain't buyin' it. I was thinking more of the 1st generation bikes, maybe the newer models will do 160...

I just find it really hard to believe a non-ringer (magazine test bike) stock 100 HP bike with stock gearing (that it won't even pull) will go that fast all by itself on a flat, straight road.(With no tail wind.)

Then again, I'm willing to take your word for it and shut up.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
YamRZ350 said:
Well, I don't want to argue about it, but I ain't buyin' it. I was thinking more of the 1st generation bikes, maybe the newer models will do 160...

I just find it really hard to believe a non-ringer (magazine test bike) stock 100 HP bike with stock gearing (that it won't even pull) will go that fast all by itself on a flat, straight road.(With no tail wind.)

Then again, I'm willing to take your word for it and shut up.
from the looks of it.. youve never ridden an R6.. have you? you have an RZ350? i can tell you its much.. much.. muchmuchmuch faster than that.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I had my 02 pegged wot for about a mile and all I ever saw was 147 indicated. :shrug

so I am slightly skeptical of 170 myself. also, exactly what skill is involved? :umm

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
I have been at what my speedo read 155 with more coming but the road was running out. bone stock. it is very capable of those speeds

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
by the way i was running my r6 two days ago and hit 142 just as the power band kicked in so its got a little more juice in it than 142 and man at 142 to feel the bike tuggin at your back is a very interesting feeling to say the least

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
jvislax32 I lived in Asheville for a year, very nice city I moved back up to PA for awhile to go back to school to get a degree and sh*t. I wish I would have gotten a bike before I left NC I don't think I would have left. I lived in Arden where about do you live?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
sideshow said:
from the looks of it.. youve never ridden an R6.. have you? you have an RZ350? i can tell you its much.. much.. muchmuchmuch faster than that.
I've ridden and raced both. Thanks for the insight though.

Have you ever ridden a RZ? Fun bike, I miss mine.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I know hit around 162 around Pocono. We of course know the speedo is notoriously off. I'd say anywhere between 155-160 for a stock bike. I had a RZ350 I'm sure that thing wouldn't do much more than 120. Mine had a constant weave above 90 mph.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts