R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting on my bike for almost a week now and Friday I finally got it. It has been fun and have not gotten that "rush" everyone is talking about as yet. Anyway, so I am riding around the city to show the bike to a couple of friends and so forth and come....when I am approaching a light and turn. I was making a right turn and this lady in a minivan is on the other parallel street making a making the same turn. Well, since I am coming down in the right hand lane and slowing down to make the turn, obviously it would seem that I have the right of way. NOPE, not according to her actions. She dodges off in the front of me, slows down, and makes another turn right in the front of me into a gas station So here is me turning, didnt see her, and what you know, shes right in front of me, slowing down to a crawl and just turns. I hit the front brakes (forget the rear), leaning to the right, going about 5-10 mph and bam, on the ground. No damage to the bike, and I am one piece. People in the gas station just looked and already asking me if I was ok and did they want me to call the police on the lady. Even had one guy come and say "man, do you want me to go and whoop her ass for you?"
I just picked up the bike, look at it making sure no damage, start it up and told the lady in the van "Thank you very much". I could have
1. sued her ass for her reckless driving
2. Beat the shit out of her because no one would have said anything
3. Call the cops
4. Leave.
I could have gotten everyone in the gas station as a witness on behalf. I chose 4 because I was soo upset that I think I would have beaten the lady senseless. I mean, I was really pissed but its best to leave the situation then act on those impulses.
I am happy with the bike and love to ride it. I am a rookie and have LOTS to learn but the R6 is not for people who 1. gets nervous quickly, 2. not confident with throttle control. There is lots more I can share, if any one wants to hear. You can learn alot just driving around the city. I don't like the expressways around here because its VERY dangerous. For those who live in Miami, I-95 is no fun at all. As I learn more I will surely post it because I know their is more people out there that will go or gone through what I am going through with the R6.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good to know that you're ok. You have an '03? Any major scratches or anything? You have sliders?

-Jeevs

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um....

Naw, i have 2000 R6 with 2001 Plastics. No sliders ad i will be looking for some in the near future.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Um....

Consider yourself lucky... for one to be ok and have your bike in good condition, and second to have learned a lesson about idiots on the road so quickly after getting your bike. Definitely get some sliders and pick up a jacket if you haven't already.

You should have at least got her insurance information. She would probably respond more to a potential hit to her wallet than you getting in her face and yelling at her.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Beafer if you need a riding partner in miami hit me up. We have a group that hooks up a few times a week and we can show you around.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

That also goes for anyone else in miami. I live in N. Mia

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sorry about the crash, but I hope you also learned (unless you are rich), that when something like that happens again, you gotta take care of the situation immediatly. Get her insurance info and get the witnesses info. Bike parts dont come cheap, so personally I would have someone else pay if at all possible, especially if it isnt my fault! Do you really think you would have beat the lady up? I know you may have wanted to, and you could say so, but would you? Gotta take care of business first anyways.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike...

Hey Mike, i just sent you an email. Talk to you later.

Also to Chuck....Yes, seriously i would have because i cant stand people who dont even show no remorse for their actions. I didnt even get a "Did you hurt yourself?" from her. Thanks to some patience and FDLE, she got off very light.

FDLE: Florida Department of Law Enforcement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts