R6 Message Net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew the length, width and height of a 2007 or similar R6. I am doing some 1 way traveling in a car and think it will fit in the back seat, if not in the trunk with the rear seats folded down. I want to put it in a Dodge Caliber. It doesn't have a hitch plus I don't want to worry about having a trailer behind me for such a long trip. Also, would putting the bike sideways in the trunk cause any problems to it? Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
As much as this is a real scenario for a lot of people I couldnt help but laugh for a minute because I am trying to picture someone getting a bike into a car... not going to happen. I highly doubt you will fit a bike into a car, specially a dodge cailber.

if you dont want to use a trailer, you are better off renting a uhaul box truck and standing the bike up in there and hold it down with straps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HAHAHAHA! sorry had to get that out! it probebly wouldn't be a good idea! you can always contact a moving company (they usually ship bikes) from my experience (i'm a moving consultant) it usually runs about 600-800 bucks one way to ship a bike-not bad if you are considering the fuel and the uhaul truck-pluse if you rent a uhaul how are you going to get the car to your destination? if you want more infor or a quote let me know and i'll work one up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just to humor you, and because I was bored, I did some research. The bike will not fit in the backseat. Your car is only about 70" wide, and even if there weren't door panels and other such trim & metal, the bike is almost 80" long. It might be possible to fit it on top of the rear seats in the back, but the bike would have to be laying on it's side, and I think in general it would just be a horrible idea. Plus, like others have said, it is 400 lbs, and chances are you would cause more damage than shipping it would cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will try it too!!!!!!
I will put it in a Citroen C2 without rear seats and without front right seat. Ofcourse I will not put it slide. To protect the bike in the travel I will roll it with a blanket.
Also to put it easy I will go in a gas station and I will put it in the jack to come in the car height. With the same way I will put it off the bike.
The bike will be lowered for a drag race so the lowering will help a little :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts