1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I heart Photoshop
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I could really use some help here.

Well, some input really...

Anyways...I am finally raising my back up to stock height.

Guy that owned it before me had it lowered like 3 inches and what not, needless to say, the bike's handles were less then par.

Anyways, dropping the forks wasn't a problem at all, but when I got to teh backside, I don't like what I see.

Is it just me or does it already appear to be on the "highest" setting that this triangle link supports?

I didn't move anything, because when I took the bolt out of the triangle the back dropped more...and obviously lowering the dogbone to the lower hole on the frame would lower the bike even more...

Basically, I need help to make sure what I'm thinking is correct.

Also...anybody have pictures of the stock setup? is it a different triangle?
Also, in one of the pictures, has an arrow that I suppose it supposed to point to the front of the bike...but I don't think it is?

Anyways, right now, I moved the spring up to its max for now until I can fix it this weekend.

The back of teh triangle. you can see the hole the dogbone is in, and you can see the hole that i snext to it towards the front of the bike.

Right in the middle, you can see the 2 holes on the frame. The dogbone comes from the triangle to the top whole on teh frame. dropping the dog bone further would cause the bike to drop further I would suspect.

This is taken from the right side of the bike and from the back of the bike (just like all the other pictures) See the arrow points backwards? Isn't that supposed to point to the front of the bike? Or I might be way off.

Shot from a little farther away to show where I'm taking the pics from.

Thanks for the help guys.

_D

·
Registered
588 Posts
is it a stock link? i'm thinking it could be an aftermarket link that is shorter. i have never lower mine so i don't know but it seems i remember the triangle bein like that when i was settin up my suspension

·
I heart Photoshop
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that it's an aftermarket link.

Guy that owned it before me had it on there.

I assume it is one...I'm sure someone will be able to tell that just by looking at it.

_D

·
Registered
588 Posts
well if it's an aftrermarket link then i'm pretty sure you will need to buy a new on (factory) to raise it back up.

·
I heart Photoshop
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sil03R6 said:
well if it's an aftrermarket link then i'm pretty sure you will need to buy a new on (factory) to raise it back up.
Yes, which I'm pretty sure I stated somewhere in my post...and I asked for a part number or a picture or something...because I dont know what the stock looks like. I want to know if if I should just get rid of the part...sell it, or just keep it in case I could use it later....

Anyways, come on all you lowering junkies...I know your out there...or at least the people that know about lowering links and the different styles and what not.

_D

·
Registered
588 Posts
i can post a pic of mine when i get off work in an hour

·
Registered
588 Posts
ok here are those pics
it looks like your triangle piece has been turned

Attachments

·
I heart Photoshop
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm, maybe I'm just terrible at this crap...

But honestly, I can't see how the stock one is too different then my own..

and the only think I could do with mine, is move the bolt in a hole on the triangle...

But i think that will drop the tire, which I dont think would increase the ride height...or does it?

Actually, it looks like if I unscrew the bolt in the bottom of the triangle...and m ove it up to that other whole, the triangle will at least look more like the stock.

Will this increase height? Because when we took the bolt out with the back end lifted off the ground...the wheel dropped...I dont know...

I'm baffled right now, maybe ill go read through the how-tos

_D

Thanks for the pics man, they are helping a lot

·
I heart Photoshop
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea...after looking at it some more, maybe if I take off the whole triangle and switch it around, it MIGHT work, but I doubt that.

Apparantly, no one has worked with these lowering triangles?

The OEM part is 40 bucks for both triangles...so i guess I should just purchase those.

If anybody has any other info, I'd appreciate it.

_D

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I haven't seen alot of them, but the "dog bone" was the part that was changed.

Pull your back wheel, get the bike up on stands and try flipping yours. It's not alot of work and the price is right too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts