R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
speeding motorcycles is a department based issue. depending on the departments chase procedures alot of departments wont prusue a motorcycle due to the speed they can reach and the dangers behind it. but it is department policy based not state law based

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
that still doesn't mean that you should go out and speed on every highway you see.

i can promise you that the cost of the ticket plus hospital bills (for when you crash) and the rise in your insurance will be less than the total amount for a trackday or two.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where I work we can chase.

I've personally had four bike chases in 10 years that I started and several others I've been involved in. Here is how mine turned out - One guy did get away but we had his plate on a video from a stop light and he got arrested a few days later. Two went to the hospital from crashes both within a few miles. The fourth went for like an hour or more with a helecopter involved and was caught two counties away when he ran out of gas and tried to hide in some woods he had some other warrants and did some state time. One of the crashes had serious injuries and mild brain damage but to tell the truth I was only gonna talk to him (no ticket) until he ran, then I had to arrest him.

Most cops where I work ride, many harley's but some sport bikes too and we are just as likley to talk to you as write you. Personally I'm big on saying "that was stupid if i see it again I'm taking the bike, and I mean it." Either was take the talking to or even the ticket its not worth running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My question was pretty much answered. I'm looking to speed all the time but when it's an open road out of the way with no cars I don't see why it's anything but my problem. I also feel that if Im going about 90 in a 70 I shouldn't have to worry about my speeding because that really isn't that fast. It seems to me that Im putting myself in more danger by watching too intently for cops instead of paying more attention to my riding. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My question was pretty much answered. I'm looking to speed all the time but when it's an open road out of the way with no cars I don't see why it's anything but my problem. I also feel that if Im going about 90 in a 70 I shouldn't have to worry about my speeding because that really isn't that fast. It seems to me that Im putting myself in more danger by watching too intently for cops instead of paying more attention to my riding. Thanks.
wow...please tell me your kidding right :wtf

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
You sir...are a moron.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Holy sh!t. Far be it from me to bust anyones balls for speeding a little, but you are an idiot. If your not aware of who Darwin was with thinking like that there is a good chance you will soon.

Don't forget to leave your helmet at home, it'll save weight and you'll get a few extra horse.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Holy sh!t. Far be it from me to bust anyones balls for speeding a little, but you are an idiot. If your not aware of who Darwin was with thinking like that there is a good chance you will soon.

Don't forget to leave your helmet at home, it'll save weight and you'll get a few extra horse.
that is definitely the best advice for this guy, hahaha... or hang your hemet on the side so if you do go down it protects ur bike instead of u, the bike is more important

·
Registered
88 Posts
My brain is about to explode! That guy has to be about 18 years old and bought a "Suzuki yzf 650 R6, It's the fastest bike out right now."

Dude, sell your bike and don't ever ride again!

·
www.frontiercycle.com
165 Posts
this is an old thread anyway...does anyone have details as to when this kid died? im sure it had to happen by now.

but anyway, just because you are on a bike doesnt mean it is any safer for you to speed than if you were in a car. a lot of times, it is people distracted by your actions that have accidents. how fair is it to someone else if they get killed because someone was distracted by someone racing down the highway? and often times, your reaction time isnt as good as you think it is when it comes to a panic situation. I would say you can ask the guy that went speeding around me doing close to 100 in a 45, but his head was rammed up the ass of a trash truck about 4 miles up the road from where he passed me.

Dont be a dick and only think about yourself. realize that there are people close to you that would be devastated if something happened to you. think about your family and your friends. think how much it would upset them to know that you were seriously injured or killed because you were doing something stupid.

what i am trying to say here is use your head. i know a lot of us younger people think we are invincible, but we have to realize we arent.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts