R6 Message Net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to disconnect the instrument gauge and still turn on the bike and ride it without a problem (too long to explain why)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I happen to have the '01. Problem is that something went loose in the instrument gauge panel causing it to drain the battery completely after 3 days...need to replace it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....and the bike is at a shop where the guy does not want to mount old used parts, and there is no way in hell im paying $400 on a new gauge when i can get it for $100 used. Also dont want to tow the bike from there, so I figured I'd ride it back home...if its possible that is...

·
Dragraces too much
1,641 Posts
So... replace the shit yourself for $100 and have guages again.

That is, if you're a really great mechanic, and honest too...

Right.

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
dont let them fuck you. buy the guages and put them on yourself. you are looking at 3 phillips screws and one electrical connector and you are done. way too easy to let a mechanic charge you for it.
a mechanic will never see my bike unless they bought it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My 05 started up and run just fine with the instument guages removed. As a matter of facte everything from the forks forward was gone due to my crash. My guage was still attached to the shattered fairing stay.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Firetire said:
Thrak, what is bad about turning on an 03+ without the instrument sluster being attached?
I dunno... I've never tried on an 03+, so I didnt want to give possibly false info. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts