R6 Message Net banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
a two stroke fires once every revolution unlike a 4 stroke that fires every other. so to match the power pulses of a 2 stroke reving to 10,000 rpm a 4 stroke would have to rev to 20,000 rpm.

its a mute point now a days a 350 2 stroke is nothing compared to todays 600's. :)

· Registered
32 Posts
no i got your joke.. unfortunate that all the other manufacturers use that whole 17,500rpm debacle against the R6.

If you run full exhaust and raise the rev limiter does the R6 pull to 17,500rpm?

· Premium Member
1,881 Posts
RZ350 said:
sorry i missed the good advice amongst all the disapprovals.

They are Microns. Great midrange pipe but not all that much top end. I'm going to get a set of Toomeys or Jim Lomas pipes. Crank is trued and welded so I might as well have something I can rev to 12,500 rpm with.
I had great luck with the Toomeys, but I wasn't spinning my motors that high.

Big D, I'm thinkin' you'll be able to live with the lower rev limit as you're passing all those guys racing the older models...

· Registered
32 Posts
YamRZ350 said:
I had great luck with the Toomeys, but I wasn't spinning my motors that high.

Big D, I'm thinkin' you'll be able to live with the lower rev limit as you're passing all those guys racing the older models...
were you running a 2 into 1 filter with the toomeys? What size main jets did you end up with? I'm running a 290 jet with stock airbox and the microns. I know that when toomey sold their pipes with a 2 into intake they included 410 and 420 jets (wow).

· Premium Member
1,881 Posts
RZ350 said:
were you running a 2 into 1 filter with the toomeys? What size main jets did you end up with? I'm running a 290 jet with stock airbox and the microns. I know that when toomey sold their pipes with a 2 into intake they included 410 and 420 jets (wow).
Yeah, I ran the 2 into1 with the stock carbs and those jet sizes sound about right, depending on the track and the weather. The 2 into 1 piece is a stock Yamaha RD boot if you can't find it anywhere else. When I went to bigger carbs it got taken off and I just ran open carbs, until I got tired of ruining cranks. After that I ran pod filters.

Don't get too worked up about the jet sizes, as those were Dyna Jet pieces and the numbers don't interchange with Mikuni jet numbers.

· Registered
5,270 Posts
benny6d9 said:
i will say what everyone else is affraid to u have balls i would personally be scared to do a mod like this although it would be fun to try anyways good luck i hope it works out dont listen to these other people there are all just bored sitting in their office or something let us know when your done

It has absolutely nothing to do with fear. I love doing my own work and tryin new shit, but when it comes to something like my front wheel, no thanks, there are enough obstacles on the street!

Personally I would have sold that set-up and put that money down onto a set up made for the bike or went with an R1 set. But hey, I hope it works out for you, because I don't want to see you or someone posting for you in the crash section.

· Registered
3 Posts
I to have considered this swap as I have an R6 that I just recently purchased and have the donor zx 10 here in front of me . Besides the looks of the zx 10 forks being inverted and substantialy beefer what would the gains be ? What makes the inverted fork better than on my R6? Would it be worth the benefits in ride and perf.?this is what I would have to ask someone that's a little more familiar with the two susp. Can anyone explain this to me please?

· Registered
3 Posts
I to have considered this swap as I have an R6 that I just recently purchased and have the donor zx 10 here in front of me . Besides the looks of the zx 10 forks being inverted and substantialy beefer what would the gains be ? What makes the inverted fork better than on my R6? Would it be worth the benefits in ride and perf.?this is what I would have to ask someone that's a little more familiar with the two susp. Can anyone explain this to me please?

81 - 91 of 91 Posts