R6 Message Net banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

· Registered
5,270 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
dude probably got the front end off of a wrecked zx-10, for a small penny and thought it'd be cool to do something different...

truthfully, if you wanted inverted forks, go get r1 forks or 05 r6 forks and fit them. Jesus.

· Banned
1,405 Posts
u guys need to go rub one out before u get on this forum LOL. that's cool fork swap. prolly got it for cheap.. alot of u racers are blinded folded by "spec" safety which isn't your fault but believe me theres alot more ghetto going on then this... u guys need to goto www.customchopper.com or some shit where 99% of the bike has nothing to do with saftey/performance and scream at those guys. lol but yeah this guy is a douche due to 3 hours of swapping races which means he prolly used a screw driver and hammer ! ugh. and how the hell do you "lengthen" a stem???

· He be beastin
2,271 Posts
Well I try to go by "Dont knock it till you try it" soooo . . . . . . . I hope thats safe, guy!

· Loves Carbon Fiber
4,420 Posts
wheeliest said:
u guys need to go rub one out before u get on this forum LOL. that's cool fork swap. prolly got it for cheap.. alot of u racers are blinded folded by "spec" safety which isn't your fault but believe me theres alot more ghetto going on then this... u guys need to goto www.customchopper.com or some shit where 99% of the bike has nothing to do with saftey/performance and scream at those guys. lol but yeah this guy is a douche due to 3 hours of swapping races which means he prolly used a screw driver and hammer ! ugh. and how the hell do you "lengthen" a stem???
The fact that it's been wrecked plus the fact that it doesn't fit, might be a good indicator that it doesn't need to be on there at all.

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Ok I think this takes the "gay mod of the year award"...

As stated if you wanted inverted forks get some off an R1 or 05 R6... secondly if you arent racing why do you want the inverted forks... everything I have ever read has said the conventional forks are actually BETTER for the street... hence why the 06 R6 (the R6 not the R6s which is designed for the TRACK) has the inverted... but the R6s (STREET version does not)

secondly if you are going to use forks off a wrecked bike then you get what you pay for... i suppose the bent wheel provided added stability...

sunofwolf jr? I think we need a poll for a name change for this guy...

· He be beastin
2,271 Posts
minig0d said:
Ok I think this takes the "gay mod of the year award"...
The year is still young. Come on sonofwolf, you goina let this guy top you?

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
you guys are being some bastards! damn! maybe i should give a little more background info as of to why and how the forks are on there right now. THEY WERE FREEEE, everything! why the hell not try it? the bike is wrecked anyways. is everyone afraid to turn a wrench or figure something out? i enjoy modifying things with parts noone would think of, and as of right now, its the only bike like it in the world. how many of you can say that? also, i never said the thing was done, in fact i said its FAR from done, so quit your bitching that "its not safe" and geometry this and that, bullshit. look at the forks in the picture and tell me what you see? crazy angles, nope, too long? nope, too short? nope. i already said i dont plan on racing it so who gives a flying [email protected] if the front end is an inch lower? my angle finder tells me the rake is right on anyhow. what do you consider modification? ordering parts and having the yamaha shop put them on? sissies.

· Banned
1,405 Posts
haha my bike has serious modifications... but ur supposed to use a PRESS to remove and put races on a stem... if ur gonna do it, do it right

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
you can weld any kind of metal...think about it, or is welding too technical?

wheeliest said:
haha my bike has serious modifications... but ur supposed to use a PRESS to remove and put races on a stem... if ur gonna do it, do it right

the races referred to were the ones in the neck of the frame, would you suggest sticking the bike under a press for that? gotcha

· Registered
17,421 Posts
kwik'6er said:
you guys are being some bastards! damn! maybe i should give a little more background info as of to why and how the forks are on there right now. THEY WERE FREEEE, everything! why the hell not try it? the bike is wrecked anyways. is everyone afraid to turn a wrench or figure something out? i enjoy modifying things with parts noone would think of, and as of right now, its the only bike like it in the world. how many of you can say that? also, i never said the thing was done, in fact i said its FAR from done, so quit your bitching that "its not safe" and geometry this and that, bullshit. look at the forks in the picture and tell me what you see? crazy angles, nope, too long? nope, too short? nope. i already said i dont plan on racing it so who gives a flying [email protected] if the front end is an inch lower? my angle finder tells me the rake is right on anyhow. what do you consider modification? ordering parts and having the yamaha shop put them on? sissies.

:lol I'm all for mods and stuff, but not when its a downgrade, or dangerous....

Why dont you weld it all together?

· Registered
220 Posts
kwik'6er said:
you can weld any kind of metal...think about it, or is welding too technical?
have you ever welded dude? haha yeah weld your friggin fork together and tell us how cool it is. Besides, saying that looks is better than function is like saying you don't wear a helmet because you look cooler without one.
:thumbdown

By the way, check this out you'd find this facinating====>

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeliest
my r6 puts out alittle more then a turbo'd 06 R1.. ah yes i also had higher dyno numbers only running 83 octane to. my first motorcycle was a suzuki gsx-r 600 with a hayabusa motor. i totalled it at 219mph and got one scratch on my ankle, nowi stunt slow like 70-80mph parking lot wheelies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philyork
HA! i put a hayabusa engine in a 250 Ninja... I can do back flips riding down the freeway now.

· Registered
991 Posts
go finish your "modding" job and then after you finish welding whatever it is that you feels that needs welding and what not.... then take it for a ride and see how it feels. Most people are bitching because it is unsafe since it does seem as if you are trying to make something work that doesn't work. I mean shit.... its free, but does free mean to force something to fit when it doesn't? I'm guessing that, that is what you are trying to do. If you get it all to work out then props to you. As for being the only bike in the world with you amazing set up.... more kudos to you.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts