R6 Message Net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently designed Helmet holder clips for the 06 and 03-05 R6 bikes. After yrs of of annoyance from my buddys just clipping their helmets to their subframe hooks that were designed by the manufacturers I have designed my own hooks to mount to the frame without drilling anything. It is all mounted to the frame and not to the seat. No lanyards no seat clips, ALL frame just like your buddys bikes, IE hondas, kawasakis and so forth. They are professionally machined hooks that bolt onto the frame without drilling using the existing holes and bolts already installed on your bike. I am currently in the prototype stage and am going to patent my new design for production. I just want to see what type of reaction I would get if I were start to sell these and who would be interested. They are made of one solid piece of steel so its not bent metal so the durability and strength will not be comprimised. If you are interested in an item like this just post a reply I am trying to get reactions like I said to sell on a large scale. They dont exsist in production yet and I intend to remedy that and help all yamaha owners safely stow their helmets while riding in a quick and unclumsy manner. REPLY TO THIS THREAD!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:

It would def be less then $20 I have to find out how much they would be to produce on a massive scale but def below $20 for now. I am going to sell my design to a bike parts company after that who knows how much it will be. I am going to patent it first before I do all that. That is why I am reluctant to post pics so my design is not stolen. Its def badass though! I will probably sell them personally at first and then after that hand it over to a parts company if it is a hit after selling a 100-200 personally.

·
enjoyyoself
146 Posts
I'm in!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As soon as its perfected with the final model yes i will. But I wont give any dimenstions. or where it goes just the clips themselves. I want it to be an original idea to where it cannot be stolen. I hope you understand. It will hopefully be by the end of the week!

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
i'd be interested. i prefer the cowl for looks but i hate taking my helmet into restaurants and such. how about you post up a picture of a helmet cliped on with the cowling installed instead of the seat? that way none of your work is shown yet.

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
Personally I like Yamaha's design. If you clip the helmet onto the seat, and you mistakenly don't close the seat, the seat won't fly off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts