R6 Message Net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've picked up an 04 r6 with 33,000 on it. I've been riding it around I've put maybe 200 miles on it so far and last night when I got back from a ride and the bike was running outside my garage I couldn't get it to shift into neutral with my foot theres more resistance than usual. I could do it with my hand if I was really careful or if I turned the bike off I could do it with my foot but while running and using my foot there was no way to put enough pressure to shift without missing neutral from 1st. Its slightly easier when going from 2nd into neutral while running. The guy I got it from said he changed the oil recently and it looks really clean I've been checking it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also when checking oil level I've been holding the bike upright, unscrewing the dipstick, wipe it off, screwing the dipstick back in, and then screwing it back out and checking the level, is this the correct way or am I just supposed to dip it in without screwing back in and out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I screw the dipstick in and then back out while holding the bike upright the oil is in the middle of the hash marks exactly but I might not be supposed to screw the dipstick back in to check

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked without screwing the dipstick back in and it's still in the crossed lines either way I read it. So now I just have the issue of hard to get into neutral after a hard ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts