R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Straight Up on 1
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.powerstands.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=31&ObjectGroup_ID=5&CatID=1

wow my powerstands black max rear stand just came. honestly i haven't seen this much quality in a product in like forever if not ever.

i mean the thing is like 98% assembled with decals even applied which is real nice. took about 1 minute to get it ready.

but the quality...detail..etc AMAZING. this stands are top notch. i'm talking 4 wheels not just 2, and there not cheap plastic wheels .... where talking urethane type rubber wheels, the finish on them is amazing. It even has plastic protectors installed where the metal rests when the bike is lifted.... and the spool and non spool piece is great..... totally covered in rubber even on the spool stands.... and holy heck is it heavy duty. I couldnt believe the size tubing on it. the grip even has nice heavy duty rubber on it!

ladies and gentlemen...this product deserves an A+ times 10. i recommend this stand and only this stand.

give them some business.... your gonna love this thing!

·
Straight Up on 1
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
nah i'm tellin ya... i've seen and used pitbull's. they got nothing on these. nothing.

http://www.hardracing.com/Pit Bull/PitBull.htm you can see the pitbulls there. there adjustment for changing with is junk. the finish is nowhere near as nice. doesn't have nice plastic protectors....the tubing isn't as large... the whole setup for spool and nonspool isnt as nice. and they only have 2 wheels versus 4 and the wheels aren't as nice. they also lack the nice pin setup so you can drop the arms down for easier storage. the pins are even insane quality and they give u real nice bolts as an option 2.

i serious think this product is too good 2 be true... if their company built cars i swear you'd never need to own another one it'd be so good.

can you tell im impressed. can't believe how excited these things got me over a simple rear stand.

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
yea i have these too. pitbull aint shit compared to the build of these. these things would survive a tornado. Iv got the chrome ones though. Mine came with the little tool boxes, 3 different colored handels, and even an allen wrench to tighten the clamps down. Im going to say these are probably the most heavy duty stands on the market.

·
waiting for GP
3,977 Posts
look very similar to Vortex but cost more, hell the powerstands cost more than the Pitbulls and I think the PBs are overpriced AND overrated but thats just me.

·
Straight Up on 1
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got a rear stand for 77 bucks from parts411 on ebay. you gotta just look around. that is list price on their site.

·
Registered
193 Posts
liquidr6 said:
yea i have these too. pitbull aint shit compared to the build of these. these things would survive a tornado. Iv got the chrome ones though. Mine came with the little tool boxes, 3 different colored handels, and even an allen wrench to tighten the clamps down. Im going to say these are probably the most heavy duty stands on the market.
I have the max and have used the pitbulls. I prefer the pitbulls and wish I could afford those over the Powerstands. Just my .02

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
ill keep my powerstands

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I hope you guys are enjoying your free powerstands or whatever that company has given you for promoting their garbage.

I bought powerstands two seasons ago, they looked amazing, much beefier then Pit Bull and a bit cheaper. I figured I'd give them a shot, plus parts411 had them on special.

First take, they had mini toolboxes on the top of the stands. This seemed like an interesting idea but who keeps tools in thier stands, plus everything is going to be shifted around every time you put your wheel up. Most important, you need clearance to get your wheel up off the ground. Neither my front nor rear wheel would clear the tool box on the stand. I had an 01 gsxr 600 running Pirelli Corsas on the stock wheel. Not a big deal, I removed the tool boxes but was a bit disappointed with the craftsmanship that would build something that wouldn't fit one of the major brands.

Next item, they claimed an adjustable rear stand that could adjust to either use spools or just use the swing arm. The catch was huge and bulky and was impossible to keep tight even locking it down with locktight. I would move around because of the weight and akward shape of the catch. Too much pressure to hold in place with the single bolt that was used. To be fair it does look like they changed the catch it used to be a V shapped catch.

Last and most important item. On the front stand The clearance height wasn't high enough for me to remove the front wheel, who makes a front stand that isn't high enough to remove the front wheel. I had Sharkskinz bodywork and used to have to remove the front fender every time I wanted to swap out wheels. Talk about a pain in the A$$. It was completely impossible to remove the wheel, without either removing the bodywork or getting two people to lift the front end of the motorcycle. GREAT ENGINEERING!!

I called the company after I noticed the problem and they told me I was wrong the wheels would clear. They told me I must be doing something wrong. 30 racers with at least 200 years experience between them and not one person could figure out how to get the wheel off using the stand, so I doubt we were all doing something wrong. I asked them to make good on it and they told me, there is nothing wrong with the stands so they wouldn't take them back. Says a lot for the company standing behind their product.

I gave these things away for free and still felt guilty that I had ripped the guy off. I relearned a valuable lesson about saving a couple bucks. I went out and purchased Pit Bulls and have loved them ever since day 1.

I've never bashed any company before ever, but do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM THIS TRASH PRODUCT!

Z

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thank you my brother, I'm a firm believer that just saying something sucks but not giving an exact reason of why something sucks, is basically pointless. There have been other parts I've been disappointed with but powerstands were probably the worst and the support was even worse then the product. It shouldn't take an Einstein to use motorcycle stands and 30 of my closest friends at the track couldn't get them to work (and you know how everyone is an expert on everything at the track).

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
how the hell could you not get them to work. dunno but there simple to use. I dont know which ones you bought but seriously, i have never had a clearance issues what so ever with the front stand. lifting the bike or removing the front wheel. maybe they have improved upon them since you tried them. but what do i know.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
liquidr6 said:
how the hell could you not get them to work. dunno but there simple to use. I dont know which ones you bought but seriously, i have never had a clearance issues what so ever with the front stand. lifting the bike or removing the front wheel. maybe they have improved upon them since you tried them. but what do i know.
That is exactly my point, stands are not difficult to use and the fact that the manufacturer was telling me I was doing something wrong is just moronic. I had the Mick and the Mike stands not sure if it was a problem with the gsxr or something but their terible service will prevent me from ever buying another thing from them and probably the single only brand you will ever hear me bash, they were terrible any way you look at it. You are all entitled to your opinion about the product but before anyone else buys it be warned.

POOR PRODUCT + WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE = NO REPEAT CUSTOMER

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Big Deezul said:
i am pretty sure he knows how to use stands as he is a racer
Don't be so sure, I'm not so bright.:wink Good looking, yes, bright no. But you know how tight the quarters are at races and how everyone is an expert and love to lend a hand. 30 racers and not one of them could figure out how to use the stands and the few times I had to do tire changes I needed four others to lift the bike and get the forks lined up with the stand. NOT GOOD.

·
ride like u got a pair
451 Posts
i own a rear powerstand and love it i can only compare it to LP and it far exceeds them but whatever buy it or dont who cares

·
Sacramento, CA
1,351 Posts
yes but the point is, some people are plugging a product that they only base on the craftmanship and at the same time disregarding customer service and most important functionality.

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
you guys are entitled to your opinions as well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts