R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i got my bike back a few days ago, i got the undertail exhaust installed and a high heat ceramic coating was put on it. i had the pegs, Factory pro engine covers, crg levers, gas cap, and clutch componenets powder coated, they didnt come out matt black like the exhaust which is what i wanted but its ok.the gloss doesnt look too bad.

bike is about 80% done all im waiting for are graves flushy's that are on back order, chicane mirrors which i wanna custom mount and black nut and bolt set, and lastly i plan to change out the gearing/chain and raise it back to stock height or something close to it.

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
damn bra, that looks fawking koo! i'm getting my rearsets PC'd right now, that turned out good!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah well i wanted them matt black just like the exhaust..just make sure your clear with the shooters exactly what kind of color/finish you want or else youll end up being surprise dlike me when u get them..oh well not much i can do now

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no problems just a bi tloud but i got used to it after 3 rides...im waiting for my bike to be raised to mount the license plate just above the hugger..or do a swing arm mount....will the swing arm mount hit the road on agressive turning?i dont drop knee or anything but i dont want it even coming close...anyone have it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YOR6 said:
shouldve cut off that mount on the rear pegs before powder coat, but damn, one of the sweetest 6s ive ever seen
ya i didnt even realize it, i kinda just threw it in the shop with out too much instructions..i must have called them a dozen times telling them what i wanted done to it. all the stuff got done at superbikes hawaii.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
thats a sweet bike...but i've heard nothing but bad about that hot bodies exhaust...but best of luck...def unlower that beast and drag some knee..

·
Registered
404 Posts
That is one sweet bike you got man...minus that exhaust, everything else is sharp looking....as for the polish piece that connects to the midpipe...just get high temperature paint and paint it black...it's not big enough to stand out should it chip...i used that paint to paint my header and it has not cracked or leaked or anything...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im getting there! just wanna baby it for a second...yeah i read all the reviews on the exhaust but decided that i like th elook of it more than all the negatives attached to it..which so far i havent had any of except lost trunk space and having the shop re route the PC to the front of the bike..i actually gotta take off the left fairing to get to it

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
If you swing arm mount the plate, it will drag. If you intended to actually ride the bike at any lean angle, keep it off the swing arm. My friends got ripped off and nearly nailed me, I diffenently do not like the idea of a thin jagged piece of metal hitting me at any speed

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok exnay on the swingarm mount then...thanks..the levers were actually just flat silver...i dunno how to explain the color better like a dull grey, they do not affect function the are still fully adjustable it just takes a lil bit more to push into the next setting not alot but the difference is noticeable...they have a different feel because of the gloss, which i did not want in the first place..i just wanted them matted but now im stuck with it but i got used to the glossed feeling quickly i dont ride aggressive enough for me to noticbly feel the effects of glossed levers overall im happy with the outcome of the bike. this exhaust feel smore 'gunny' than the devil shotgun i used to have

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Murdah said:
That is one sweet bike you got man...minus that exhaust, everything else is sharp looking....as for the polish piece that connects to the midpipe...just get high temperature paint and paint it black...it's not big enough to stand out should it chip...i used that paint to paint my header and it has not cracked or leaked or anything...
thanks..i know this exhaust is either love or hate...that polish piece hasnt bothered me enough to acutally go out and paint it but its good to know

·
Registered
404 Posts
Firetire said:
jesus dude, thats hot. What color were the levers before? does it effect function?

I think those are Pazo racing levers, they come in black...not sure though

808six...don't get me wrong, i love the idea of an undertail, but that one by hotbodies is just too loud for my taste, and routing the pipe all the way up there has to do wonders for your top end...it does give the bike a clean look though, now get some HIDs and blind people...:thumbup

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
Murdah said:
I think those are Pazo racing levers, they come in black...not sure though

808six...don't get me wrong, i love the idea of an undertail, but that one by hotbodies is just too loud for my taste, and routing the pipe all the way up there has to do wonders for your top end...it does give the bike a clean look though, now get some HIDs and blind people...:thumbup
no, I have the black pazzo levers. Those are CRG.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i had it sent to http://www.thermaltechcoatings.com/ its like 15 dollars a foot or so?but they coat the inside as well so it somehow also improves performance by trapping the ehat inside the exhaust or something to that effect.the qualit yof the work is excellent and so is their customer service...call them up anytime ask for buzz and tell him efren from hawaii sent you..i highly recommend them the turn around time was about 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts