R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Big Pussy
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used to have to the ability to edit our posts after submitting them. It was useful in the for-sale threads, since you could mark which items were sold in the original post (which made it so people didn't have to scroll down and read every post to figure out what was still available). It also allowed us to copy formatting tricks from previous posts. Please reinstate this feature.

·
Big Pussy
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This isn't going to happen folks.

The new nazis in town will see to that.
Why not? This is a feature that can be turned on in vBadvanced CMPS (the software that runs this board). It would be unfortunate if the new ownership does not allow this community to survive. I'm sure we can find another venue to congregate....

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Thanks AFC....we are actually looking to add the ability to edit the for sale sections. The other sections you can edit for 15 min after posting and then the feature is removed. I could extend it, but I dont think it would really help any.

·
Big Pussy
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, this also has additional issues for folks trying to sell stuff on the board. I have posts out there with prices that are months old and do not reflect recent increases in shipping costs. I have no way of going back to edit them, so if I am contacted by potential buyers on my old prices, I either have to eat the additional costs or risk pissing them off by asking for more money.

I do not understand why this functionality has been removed when it worked so well in the past. So far we've traded the ability to edit posts for annoying "**** we miss you!" SPAM in our mailboxes. I for one am not impressed by the policies and tactics set forth by the new ownership. Just my $0.02.

·
Big Pussy
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks AFC....we are actually looking to add the ability to edit the for sale sections. The other sections you can edit for 15 min after posting and then the feature is removed. I could extend it, but I dont think it would really help any.
Can you extend it to 5,259,600 minutes (or 315,576,000 seconds), which is roughly equivalent to 10 years? That might do the trick....

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Seems the membership begs to differ. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts