R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like European police bikes to me....that's the color scheme they use

Can someone blow up and sharpen up the text on the van, looks like the name of the town they're in

·
Registered
151 Posts
That photo looks like it came out of Blighty. I know rozzers run around on BMW's over there but it wouldn't surprise me to see them running on on fast bikes either. At least they know that a harley won't get them anywhere quick. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
The van in the background says ___LAND Police....

·
Registered
803 Posts
corpse_grinder0 said:
out here we have a team sheriff racing, and they have a 600rr with a sheriff bike paint job and the red and blue lights.

I seen that bike at laguna this year. A little weired to see a sportbike like that. I have never seen one on the street.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My girlfriend said she saw two sheriffs on two black sportbikes w/ sheriffs dept. written on it, decked out in black leathers, and black helmets w/ smoked out visors..... sick bastards...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hyperbolik said:
If that's the case, sign me up to become a sheriff.

The day they put cops on streetbikes...I am going to become a cop...I don't even care. To have your job be riding a 6 around, going on high speed pursuits, just imagine doing 130 and not even worrying about getting caught, cause you are doing the catching. That is the life.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could these guys really catch you though? Most of everyone on this board is pretty experienced, and cops don't really chase at those speeds? I know they take special driving courses, but in a lot of places they give up chases in cars vs bikes at 100. Not that I would ever run, but don't they could catch some of us even if they were experienced it's dangerous.

Nice bikes though :thumbup

·
Registered
628 Posts
isnt that more just to show off or something... they did that with a new bmw bike once... but do they actually put them into service? and they dont look american...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bluerider said:
Could these guys really catch you though? Most of everyone on this board is pretty experienced, and cops don't really chase at those speeds? I know they take special driving courses, but in a lot of places they give up chases in cars vs bikes at 100. Not that I would ever run, but don't they could catch some of us even if they were experienced it's dangerous.

Nice bikes though :thumbup
I think that it's more about intimidation. Some riders who are riding fast and see a cruiser in their mirrors will take off without hesitation. Maybe if they see an R1 bearing down on them they'll think twice......

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
Thanks for the link Chunk. I'm petitioning the local PD to add motorcycle education to the required training. I'll show them the website!!

·
Doin' it to death!
660 Posts
I was told by an off duty PA state trooper that in MD they have persuit R1's. apparently it was something they decided to do 2 years ago because of runners. :wall

1 - 20 of 33 Posts