R6 Message Net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just found out about this forum and wanted to see if any of you could help me out with some opinions.

I bought a 08 r6 with 11k on it. Today did my 2nd oil change. Motul 7100 10w40 and k&n 204
It seems I didn't tighten the drain plug quite enough and it came off while on hwy. I was going around 70mph in 5th. A ton of white-ish smoke behind me and a solid line of oil. Low oil pressure light came on right after. I took it to 6th gear to lower the RPM but decided to just pull the clutch and coast to the exit. Put it in neutral and turned it off approx 6 to 10 seconds after the low oil pressure light came on. Bike was idling when i turned it off but it sounded normal (no knocks).
Im going to the dealer tomorrow to get a new drain plug and ordered another gallon of motul 7100.

My question is, do you guys think that the engine was damaged during those few seconds with no oil pressure ?

When i stopped the bike there was still a great amount of oil left in it because the puddle under the bike was about 1.5 quarts I'd say.

Im so mad at myself. I had Flushed all fluids, new plugs, new tires, lubed all cables and chain with quality products and making sure everything was as perfect as possible. Bike has been amazing since I got it. Thank you in advance if someone helps out with an opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd like to add the total distance the bike ran was around 0.9 mile right after it started smoking (probably oil burning in the hot exhaust{isnt oil supposed to burn blue though}) . The bike spent a few seconds around 6k and I quickly pulled the clutch and took it to neutral. Then shut it off. Kept the clutch pulled while i was coasting out of the hwy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts