R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Doin' it to death!
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Motion Pro Tool is in the garbage. I broke the push pin, one of the press plates, the anvil, and 5 of 7 master links. The first 2 rivets I made were fine, then it stopped mushrooming the rivets and just kinda widened the opening. I'm so fed up with that tool. Can someone please suggest a better one? Thanx in advance :hattip

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
If you broke all those pieces, then you're using it wrong. Ive installed countless chains and the Motion Pro kit has NEVER done me wrong. Ive had customers break the pins but thats because it was user error.

·
Doin' it to death!
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The push pin snapping is probably my fault, but I made sure everything was ground down good before trying. The stem breaking out of the press plate can't be my fault. I pressed the plates correctly, maybe even not enough and I backed the tool off to check where I was when the plate just fell off the tool leaving the pin still inside. The Rivet pin worked well until about the fourth time I used it. Instead of the end of the master link pin curling over, it just started to stretch and widen. I looked at the rivet pin and it seemed as though the shoulder had worn away. My room mate is a mechanic and he hates the tool too. Either the plates aren't pressed enough or the the tool breaks. Either the rivet isn't mushroomed enough or the tool breaks. Screw it, I'm gonna try the RK tool. I've heard good things about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts