• OPP racing

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Gp composites

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
i've had a set of armour bodies for 2 years now, i bought them all trashed and battered up...had them fixed and then it crashed twice and is still holding up very well....

amazingly light....its so light its ridiculous....and extremly flexible, like thrak said, you can twist and flex the shit out of it and it springs back into place....

and they repair your parts for free i belive, you pay shipping...its on their website....a bit cheaper than sharkskinz, IMO best deal out there vs quality and customer service.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have these options:

---2 sets of hotbodies, painted for $400. I don't like the foam seat (anyone think I should?)

---Sharkskinz from Melkman. Full set for roughly $500 (but they need paint)

---Sharkskinz from a CCS board member for $400 bodywork + $100 for stay. I like the color and I get a stay....hmmmm...tempting

What would you do?

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
3rd seems to be a good option.....if you're really concerned about quality...

but the 1st one is a good deal too.....foam seats are supposed to provide more feel, never tried it myself though....

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
Honestly... when you are racing, you don't even notice the seat. I have race bikes with both stock seats and foam pads for seats and for the 12-30 minutes you are on the bike, it makes no difference. Although the foam seat works better for me when racing for some reason? Maybe it does give a better feel? I've gone all day (track day) on foam pad seat as well and it didn't bother me in the slightest... but I also use to own a Honda F4i, so maybe I got used to a board for a seat feel?

·
I sell money
1,550 Posts
not to revive an old thread... just wanted to give GP's a fair shake.

GP composites where bought out a few years ago and have since been modeled closely to armour bodies. Guys I know who have run both have raved of both products..in fact, my suspension guy swears the GP's crash better than the Armour bodies!! With AB's testing higher than SS a year or 2 ago in RRW, I again stand by... you really cant go wrong with any of the 3! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm sponsored by Morse Racing, the way it came about was I saw their fairing stay and thought it looked a hell of a lot better then the GP Tech one with replaceable ears. I needed bodywork as well and at the time I had an 01 GSXR 600. He told me they had some special going on the bodywork. I did my research and when I called him back I quoted an article that was posted in RRW that said GP Composites wasn't all that good and fitment sucked. He told me to go back and reread the article, the piece that I missed was that the article was written by no other then Scott Morse who shortly after writing the article bought GP Comp. He said the formula was second to none just the molds sucked. He changed the mold and kept the formula. Stuff is supposed to be great.

·
I sell money
1,550 Posts
I'll be on on them this year... I'll let you know on fitment as soon as I get em in...i'd rather not crash test em too early in the year... stay tuned!! :thumbup

tim

Here's a question for ya'll

I have an opportunity (assuming I get the 06 in time) of having the guys at GP use my stock body work to create their molds.. its going to be worth a few sets of body work to me but I would lose the stock stuff which:

A. I would like to be able to swap my bike back to stock for a bit higher resale when the time comes
B. I can sell those for a bit more than what a few sets of body work would cost me.

what would YOU do??

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
I just picked up a brand new set of Godfathers for a steal, so I'll be sure to post up my impressions after I get them and fit them to the bike.

Hopefully their quality has improved as much as Melkman and others have said they have.....

·
I sell money
1,550 Posts
Wessinger03R6 said:
Let them use yours so we can get a group buy on their stuff :thumbup
I may be able to arrange that anyway, once the molds are complete I'll see if they are interested!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
NemesisR6 said:
I just picked up a brand new set of Godfathers for a steal, so I'll be sure to post up my impressions after I get them and fit them to the bike.

Hopefully their quality has improved as much as Melkman and others have said they have.....

improved, for sure.. Just dont expect SHarkskins quality. Good fit and from what Scott and Steve tell me the mounting areas are reinforced now.

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
MELK-MAN said:
improved, for sure.. Just dont expect SHarkskins quality. Good fit and from what Scott and Steve tell me the mounting areas are reinforced now.
Oh, don't worry. I still know that I'm getting budget bodywork.

As long as they fit up good and don't require too much prep for paint I'll consider myself golden on this deal.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.