Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Gp composites

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm deciding between a few different sets of plastic. I don't know too much about them except that the top names seem to be

Sharkskinz -- www.Sharkskinz.com
Armourbodies (can't find them for a deal anywhere)-- www.Armourbodies.com
OPP racing -- www.oppracing.com
GP Composites -- www.gpcomposites.com

I would like everyones input if possible. I know sharkskins are the shit, but what about everything else. I'm really interested in the OPPRACING. Are these plastics all pretty much the same resin's?

I'm not interested in opinions on Hotbodies, Godfather, LL, or Fastech. No budget bodywork please.

I'm wanting to find a deal on used ones, but I demand high quality over price!

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Armour Bodies have a replacement discount... I love their flexability and the mounting was perfect.

Everyone is always amazed when I take my lower and fold it so the tops touch each other... :lol

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thrak said:
Armour Bodies have a replacement discount... I love their flexability and the mounting was perfect.

Everyone is always amazed when I take my lower and fold it so the tops touch each other... :lol

I want armourbodies the most but I don't have quite enough. I may hold off and save up. Do we know anyone who can get a decent deal on them?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wessinger03R6 said:
I want armourbodies the most but I don't have quite enough. I may hold off and save up. Do we know anyone who can get a decent deal on them?
I think Nesba is distributing them for a discount, take a look on their site.

·
I sell money
1,550 Posts
dont know anything about OPP... but SS, GP and AB you really cant go wrong with! I believe I am running GP's on my 06 next year... If I get my bike delivered in time they may use my body to create the molds, should be good for a set or 2 or body work :thumbup

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sharkskinz are BAR NONE the best bodywork on the market, but delivered is close to $900. FIT-perfect, DURABLE, etc. But you pay..
GPcomposite- .. WHY would you be considering a set of GP composite but NOT a set of Godfather?? interesting... GP is some of the cheapest stuff on the market and it shows..
I ran SHarkskins for 2.5 years as they offered a contingency program in CCS racing. I collected enough to buy a set but it takes awhile.
Yes, i have another set of SHarkskinz used.. but waiting on the lower from my friend.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like my Catalysts and would put them up against Sharkskinz for quality. Mine were just over $730 shipped. They fit perfectly, the drill mark dimples were right on, they sanded and painted beautifully. They're reinforced where they should be (holes), they flexed really well, like the Sharkskinz I had on my R6. The Catalysts are a work of art.

I have not crash-tested them.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
in reality, they are only going to look as good as they are painted. ive seen sharkskinz that look like total shit on a bike because some moron rattle canned them with no prep work.

and just the opposite... ive seen the most shitty bodywork look awesome when prepped and painted right. i picked up a set of godfather bodywork from melk-man and i plan on spending the money i saved on a good paint job. i like the upper of the godfather body work as it has ram air covers, and also the fact that it now has an undertail. thanks to melk-man for setting up the awesome deal.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MELK-MAN said:
Sharkskinz are BAR NONE the best bodywork on the market, but delivered is close to $900. FIT-perfect, DURABLE, etc. But you pay..
GPcomposite- .. WHY would you be considering a set of GP composite but NOT a set of Godfather?? interesting... GP is some of the cheapest stuff on the market and it shows..
I ran SHarkskins for 2.5 years as they offered a contingency program in CCS racing. I collected enough to buy a set but it takes awhile.
Yes, i have another set of SHarkskinz used.. but waiting on the lower from my friend.

I'm gonna see what this one guy has. He hasn't given me a price on his used sharkskinz. Any idea on when you may get the lower? next week, week after ...?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Wessinger03R6 said:
OK. I've decided to go with a used set of Sharkskinz...now I just need the two people who wanted to sell them to let me know what the deal is as soon as reasonably possible.

Im out in WY on vacation, I was promised by my friend the stuff should be at my house when i get back Nov. 28th.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.