R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is at 10,000 miles and second gear started to slip the normal problem of the 2002 model. Which I know now and before I bought my bike because of this wonderful site. So I bought the extended warranty for my bike when I bought it used with 8,500 miles. When I took the bike I noticed a slip in second gear on my first ride. When I bought it but could not test ride it. I was Got. At this point I called the shop I bought it from; told them what it was doing and they said "did you buy the warranty." of all the answers they could have given that was it. Then they told me to drop it off at the end of the riding season. After I dropped it off at the shop and was assured it was covered by my warranty and I wouldn't have to pay. Well after a week I found it wasn't covered so I was as angry as anyone that has been told what they paid for the exact event you cannot use. And was told at this time that my warranty would cover the tear down but not the build up I was more upset so I thought on it for a week. And was going to pay for the repair but could not afford the $1,060.99 up front so I asked about a payment plan which they agreed to but later found that there was a $25.00 a DAY fee for storage. I don’t think I make that a day and didn't’t think when I heard it I kind of laughed at the thought of TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS a day. I was thinking of leavening it there and paying on it until April or May because that is when the season starts here ( North Dakota) so at this amount I would quickly owe more on my bike for storage than for me to own. they asked me what I wanted to do I paced in their store for about a minute then as politely as I could I asked if all the parts were accounted for from disassembly and told them to put every part they took out in to a box inventory it again and seal it after a good inventory and I will be back after 1630 on Monday this happened Thursday. On Saturday I got a call from them that said that my warranty company changed there minds. At this time I thought it wasn't’t that the warranty company changed there mind, but that the dealer saw that I wasn't going to give them any more money. So I am getting my bike fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Same thing happened with my 05 but my clutch plates broke in half. They gave me the run around until I put foot in there ass. Fixed it for free.

Umm you might want to not type all your stuff in bold or whater ever you did cause its really fucking hard to read and use paragraphs next time.

:welcome

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just like buying a car, you have to be willing to walk away, in order for them to do what you want. Glad they are fixing it though!

·
Registered
989 Posts
looks like a picture you stare at for a couple minutes and a 3d image pops out.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Fuck Dealers. It may not be the smartest thing but I dont do the whole warrenty thing and I do all my own work. As soon as i ride the bike off the lot, the dealer will never touch or see my bikes again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts